Why become a member? ×

"Oh not that '73 Jazz again"

Sibob

...but this time...I'm the proud owner! :)

[url="http://imageshack.us"][/url]

I've been after an early 70's jazz for a while, and was gutted when I missed this the first time round, I consider myself very lucky that I had a second chance :huh:.

I won't post all the same pictures again, I'll do some nice new ones asap, with me or something lol. Getting its first outings on thursday and saturday this week!
Needed a slight setup tweak for my personal preferences, but the flatwounds it came with are still fitted. I haven't had flats on a bass in a few years so am enjoying the difference for a little bit, still growls like a mofo, but some Newtone Roundwounds 40-100 will be fitted in the next few weeks I should think!

The bass has a fender reissue bridge on it now, as opposed to the schaller monstrosity pictured above, it also has Wizard pickups in it, the details of which I can't remember apart from that they're slightly overwound, but they sound pretty awesome to me so far! I'm using it without the (reissue) pickups covers or thumbrest that it came fitted with, they just get in my way :huh:. When finances permit, I'll be looking at getting a genuine early 70's bridge for it.

I'm sure I'll add more to this post soon, I've had 2 and a half days with it, so lots more to explore ohhh yes!

:huh:

Si

Edited by Sibob