Why become a member? ×

1965 Fender Jazz Bass
£4200

cayston

Ok this is a feeler at the moment…

Here’s an almost original, well loved, one owner (I am the second owner, minus the shop that I bought it from), Fender ‘65 Jazz bass for sale. At some point there was a finish wear on the top of body and the worn off section has had a sunburst touched-up done professionally by the original owner (see pic). The touch-up was done without having to refinish the whole bass, which also means that the solder joints were left untouched. In conclusion the bass probably contains about 85-90% of its original finish. I was also informed that the bass used to belong to a woman playing in a folk band that had very light touch, which explains why the frets and fingerboard (Brazilian?) are still in very good shape for an instrument that age. At some point, the original owner has also used a sharpie to touch up few worn spots of the black finish on the edge of the body but these are not really noticeable. Two holes have also been drilled to accommodate the thumb rest as you can see on the picture. No repairs on the body/neck have been made and the bass is structurally sound. Pots and pickups are original. The bass comes with non-original but old Fender hard case (most likely from the 70s). The bass did not originally come with a bridge/pickup cover but I managed to source an original the ’65 bridge and pickup covers, which will be included in the sale.

Here are more pictures of the bass:
http://s42.photobucket.com/user/cayston/media/Fender%20Jazz%20Bass%201965/IMG_0333_zpsqo44w26d.jpg.html?sort=3&o=19

The pictures are from the dealer that I bought the bass from and condition of the bass has not changed since then.

The bass is currently located in Suffolk and therefore will need few days to pick it up if there is enough interest in the bass.

I am based in Cardiff but frequently travel to Birmingham so can bring the bass with me if the buyer wishes the view. Postage is possible although I rather that the buyer picks it up as he/she will get the chance to view and try before buying.

Absolutely no trades please.
Any questions please let me know.

Thanks for looking.