Why become a member? ×

Any "low" wattage giggers

Twincam

I gigged for many years with a Fender Bassman 100 (Transistor) 1×15" combo and I never needed anything else.

I used to run it almost all the way up when in larger indoor stages, but usually if placed in a good location, I would be pretty ok in terms of volume & tone without pushing the power section too hard.

Have in mind that I was up against a Twin Reverb and an AC30 and a loud drummer.

Nowadays I downsized (weight wise) a little to a Markbass Little Rocker 500 into an Aguilar DB112 (8 Ohm) and my master is around 9-10 o'clock... so most probably if meassured, I'm sure that I'm putting out around 100-150 watts.

I've done the SVT and DB750 outdoors and they are stupidly loud... dropped the master so much that I guess a 100 watt all valve head would have done the job beautifully.

I would love to have an EBS T90 or a V4B... Perfect wattage for me.

Edited by Byo

I've recently had an old 15" JBL re-coned for use with my 60w valve head. It plays surprisingly loudly, I'd happily gig it despite the modest numbers. Loving the new / old JBL!

I once gigged it with my old 10-peice soul outfit with a wall of old Trace speakers - well, not a wall but a 410 and 115..