Why become a member? ×

Not bonding with my bass

Twincam

Agree with all the above - the flip side is that when I've bought a bass that's right for me, I've known absolutely straight away and it's become my go to bass from the outset.

I bought a secondhand precision about 11 years ago, which had been hanging in the shop for ages. I hadn't given it a second glance either until I eventually played it. It just sang - it was everything I was looking for, and was immediately comfortable and right.

I gigged it the same week and it's still my main bass.

Tho I'm slightly in the same boat as the OP with my Sandberg TT4 I bought in the summer. It's much lighter, better built and set up, and better condition than the Jazz bass it replaced, and I really bought it with a view to being something specials for me.

But six months later, I'm still preferring the sound and feel of my precision, which just feels more right for me as a player.
Splashed a lot of cash on it, and desperate to click with it rather than sell and lose money again...

Hmm.

Edited by bassbiscuits

Had a 70s jazz bought early 90s when they were quite cheap and hated it,best bass i had was a fender precision lyte never found anything to top it,that got butchered in a jaco fretless type young and stupid way ,then streamer stage one amongst others using overwater tanglewood at the mo,but dont get on with that even though its pretty and quality,going for sire v7 5er next.Hope this is the one.The saga continues,maybe its me not the bass.The jazz convinced me the vintage thing is bullshit and sentimental though.