Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

No output from nano muff - or stupid user?

Rikki_Sixx

I recently bought myself an EHX Nano Bass Big Muff (from these hallowed forums) for Christmas, but as it got wrapped up I never got to test it. I finally got to plug it in last night, but don't seem to be able to get it to work.

I can get a clean signal through it, but when I press the switch it goes dead. No sound at all, and the LED doesn't light up.

I've tried three 9v batteries (including the one that was in it when it arrived) but no luck so far. Am I being stupid? Am I missing something vary obvious?

My set-up is VM Jazz > pedal > amp, so no other pedals to complicate things. Confused / worried!

Haha, no offence taken! I did try both directions in the end, just to make sure, but no luck either way.

The fact that the LED isn't lighting up either makes me wonder if somehow I've used three dead batteries, unless that's indicating something more serious. I'll buy a new pack of batteries, and will get on Amazon for a 9v adaptor just in case - seems like a useful thing to have!

[quote name='MoonBassAlpha' timestamp='1452170494' post='2947196']
does the battery get warm when you plug it in?
[/quote]
Not that I've noticed. I've just tried again and left it plugged in for a while to find out if it heats up but thankfully not. I've a mains adapter on it's way, so fingers crossed that will work. Hopefully it will, and that any fixes will just be a case of sorting out potential dodgy soldering.