Why become a member? ×

New Bergantino HDN cabs

IanA

Just brought my gear back in from the car (it lives there a lot of the time for gigs, my bad, I know) and plugged in my CN112 into the Tecamp Puma 900. Yep, sounds as good here as it does out on the gig. Just beautiful with my Modulus Q5. When I plug in the second CN112 it just gets better.

Not sure I see a need to change the cabs for HDNs.

Doesn't stop me wanting to try out the new HDNs though, just for giggles, as well as TKS 112s, Vanderkley 112s, the Baer 112s, the Barefaced Retro 210....lol....GAS never ends. Did I forget to mention the AER Amp One or AMP Three for small jazz gigs/ease of carry...lol...

I'd really like to know if the new B | Amp beats my Puma, with its fancy DSP trickery. £1150 is by far the highest cost for a class D head that I have heard of....

Edited by funkle

[quote name='fretmeister' timestamp='1454802765' post='2973199']
I had a pair of HD112 and a pair of CN112.

I much preferred the CN so I've still got them. They sit wonderfully in a full band mix and never get boomy no matter how sh*te the room is.

If a venue genuinely needs more low end, the PA can do it from the DI.
[/quote]

+1.

I never gelled with the HD112. Heavier and just not my tone. The IP112ER I had was amazing, but heavy. Hence at least some interest in the DSP of the B Amp...

Edited by funkle