Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Roscoe Century Standard 6 Fretless - Traded *Please Lock*
£900

CamdenRob

[font=Helvetica][size=2][size=4]Roscoe Century Standard 6 Fretless - £850 Collected From Camden NW1[/size][/size][/font]

[font=Helvetica][size=2][size=4][b]I may take a trade or a trade + cash against this :) try me if you have anything interesting :) Looking for fretted four strings primarily, I'm sorted for Fretless and Amplification right now... [font=Helvetica][size=2][size=4]Only up trade would be for a Wal pro2 or pro2e, for which I can add a grand or so depending on condition. [/size][/size][/font][/b][/size][/size][/font]

[font=Helvetica][size=2][size=4][b][font=Helvetica][size=2][size=4]Please note that £850 is a cash price, if trading I would be looking to trade against something with a value of around £1k[/size][/size][/font][/b][/size][/size][/font]

[color=#282828][font=Helvetica][size=2][size=4]SPECS:[/size][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=Helvetica][size=2][size=4]• Swamp ash body[/size][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=Helvetica][size=2][size=4]• Three piece Select Maple Neck[/size][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=Helvetica][size=2][size=4]• Pau Ferro fingerboard[/size][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=Helvetica][size=2][size=4]• 35" Scale[/size][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=Helvetica][size=2][size=4]• Bartolini CB Pickups[/size][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=Helvetica][size=2][size=4]• Bartolini 3-band pre amp with push/pull mid freq shift (250hz/800hz)[/size][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=Helvetica][size=2][size=4]• Black finish Hipshot A style bridge with adjustable string spacing and Gotoh tuners[/size][/size][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=Helvetica][size=2][size=3][/size][/size][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=Helvetica][size=2][size=4]Picked this up just before Christmas to tide me over until the new Wal arrives but it’s not for me. It’s a fantastic bass and ticks all the boxes; light, sounds great, versatile, great action and balance. The only issue for me is that it isn’t a Wal and therefore doesn't sound like one… That’s not the Roscoe’s fault and it needs to go to a home where it can be appreciated.[/size][/size][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=Helvetica][size=2][size=4]Couple of things to note, there are a couple of dings, nothing major but the bass isn’t pristine, it has been played and secondly, the pots are a little scratchy, again nothing major and I assume easy to rectify. These minor issues are reflected in the price which is the same as I paid for it and is pretty good really all things considered. [/size][/size][/font][/color]

[size=4][color=#282828][font=Helvetica]Comes with a rather fetching Grey Roscoe branded [/font][/color][font=Helvetica][color=#282828]gigbag.[/color][/font][/size]

[color=#282828][font=Helvetica][size=2][size=4]You are more than welcome to pop round and try the bass, I make an excellent cup of tea and have a well stocked beer fridge if that's more your thing :)[/size][/size][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=Helvetica][size=2][size=4]Collection only from Camden NW1[/size][/size][/font][/color]

Edited by CamdenRob

[quote name='Hellzero' timestamp='1451862613' post='2944206']
Could you please give me the weight of this bass ?
[/quote]

According to my bathroom scales it weighs 9lb 12oz... although they were pretty shaky... When I locate my luggage scales I will give a more accurate measurement. It's pretty light for a sixer anyway :)

Edited by CamdenRob

Bump!

Open to trades with anything interesting, try me :) although the exchange would have to happen somewhere I can get to on public transport[b]. [/b][font=Helvetica][size=2][size=4]Looking for fretted four strings primarily, I'm sorted for Fretless and Amplification right now... Only up trade would be for a Wal pro2 or pro2e, for which I can add a grand or so depending on condition.[/size][/size][/font]

As a side note, I have had quite a bit of interest from European buyers... Please note that I am not looking to ship the bass at this time.

Edited by CamdenRob

I played this bass a few weeks ago. It's beautiful, it plays amazing and sounds fantastic.

I was so close to buying it, the only reason that I didn't was because I've never played a fretless 6 on a reading gig, which all of my gigs are.

This is a bargain too.

:)

[quote name='ambient' timestamp='1452279369' post='2948523']
This is a bargain too.

[/quote]

I'll say! I have the 4-string version of this, love it to bits. Shame it's got one too many string for me.

GLWTS... not that I expect you'll need it.

[quote name='ambient' timestamp='1452279369' post='2948523']
I played this bass a few weeks ago. It's beautiful, it plays amazing and sounds fantastic.

I was so close to buying it, the only reason that I didn't was because I've never played a fretless 6 on a reading gig, which all of my gigs are.

This is a bargain too.

[/quote][quote name='ras52' timestamp='1452280067' post='2948533']
I'll say! I have the 4-string version of this, love it to bits. Shame it's got one too many string for me.

GLWTS... not that I expect you'll need it.
[/quote]

Thanks gents :)

Still for sale / trade.

Thanks for all the trade offers chaps.

Still available.

Looking for four string, fretted basses primarily, but cash is still king :) ... well unless you have an original Pro2 or Pro2e in which case that is King... better than King in fact... Emperor maybe :mellow:

Edited by CamdenRob

• 2 weeks later...