Why become a member? ×

SOLD: 1977 Yamaha SG1000 Guitar
£895

Sold for £795.

This is a classic and highly collectible Japanese guitar from the 70s, known as the Les Paul killer and favoured by many greats over the years. The SG1000 is the set neck version of the Santana guitar designed with Carlos himself in the early 70s. The SG1000 has sustain that lasts forever and wonderful tone, courtesy of it beefy Alnico V hum-bucking pickups, which have push/push coil taps on the tone controls, to give it even more tonal range.

This guitar adapts well to any playing style from Rock to Jazz, to Soul to Funk, to Reggae to Punk.

It has been professionally re-fretted recently with period correct fret-wire and plays very well indeed with a nice low and clean action.

The guitar comes in a Hiscox case designed to fit this exact instrument.

The whole guitar has seen some action and acquired a nice patina over the years. It is a testament to the quality of these early Yamahas that it is in such good working order.

This instrument is available to view at Nottingham City Guitars. Collection is preferred; but shipping by courier could be arranged by buyer at their own cost and risk. PM me with your email address and I will send you more photos.

Edited by Bassnut62

Great guitars these. A mate has the SG2000 from the early 80's (I think) but there's little difference. Blows the Gibson Les Paul out of the water. If I had the loot, this would be living with me permanently. GLWTS.

Edited by itsmedunc

[quote name='Bassassin' timestamp='1452041635' post='2945903']
That's a thing of beauty alright - an SG1000/2000 is pretty much my dream guitar.

Unfortunately the money to buy one is also a dream. :(

GLWTS!

Jon.
[/quote]

We could half on it and I get it for the first 25 years? It will be worth a fortune then! Its a win win for you :)

[quote name='itsmedunc' timestamp='1452042570' post='2945909']
We could half on it and I get it for the first 25 years? It will be worth a fortune then! Its a win win for you :)
[/quote]

Could work. I'd need to come round when you're out and rob it off you (it'd be fine, I'd give you a week or two with it first, I'm nice like that. :) ) and then you could claim the insurance. :D

J.

[quote name='Bassassin' timestamp='1452104986' post='2946492']

Could work. I'd need to come round when you're out and rob it off you (it'd be fine, I'd give you a week or two with it first, I'm nice like that. :) ) and then you could claim the insurance. :D

J.
[/quote]

I love it when a plan comes together! :)

And yes it blew every Gibbo LPs I tried out the water. I am only selling it cos I managed to land an all original '68 Gibson LP Gold Top, which is simply my dream guitar.

Edited by Bassnut62

[quote name='Bassnut62' timestamp='1452108844' post='2946561']
That plan is impressive; I better up my insurance in case you decide the simple thing is to team up and rob it from mine!!
[/quote]

Makes the whole thing easier now you too are involved.

We must keep it quiet type bump for a great plan and guitar :)

[quote name='Bassnut62' timestamp='1452461659' post='2950195']
Well Duncan and the assassin haven't managed to rob the SG1000 yet; so it's still available.....bump
[/quote]

We could do with your address and an idea of when you are out! :)

Seriously though, anybody looking for a guitar won't get anything anywhere near as good for the price you are asking. They are keepers too!

[quote name='itsmedunc' timestamp='1453228974' post='2957680']
We could do with your address and an idea of when you are out! :)

Seriously though, anybody looking for a guitar won't get anything anywhere near as good for the price you are asking. They are keepers too!
[/quote]

Thanks Dunc - you were right and this baby is now sold for a bit less than my asking price of £895