Why become a member? ×

Epiphone Rivoli 1964 USA withdrawn
£995

ash

[quote name='ash' timestamp='1449569806' post='2924655']
Here's my second Epiphone Rivoli - made at the Kalamazoo factory in 1964. The bass had been converted to a lefty then converted back. It's been well kept otherwise and the neck, frets and body are in very good condition. The bridge is a left handed one but has been turned over and a bar added so it can intonate correctly. The scratch plate is missing and a thumb rest added. The original owner painted around the f holes presumably to highlight them the paint has faded and could be carefully removed. No breaks or structural issues. The holes from the conversion have been filled and touched up and look ok. A patch refinish could make this look perfect or you could keep it as is. It plays great and the original mud-bucker has a suitably mellow sound perfect for rock and roll, soul and 60s sounds. Electrics work ok but the replacement baritone switch doesn't seem to do much. Neck is lovely and the action is very low. There is no case but a very ill fitting gig bag will be supplied. I can post within the UK only at buyers cost. No trades sorry.
[/quote]

Withdrawn

Edited by ash

• 3 weeks later...

I've actually added a second Gibson mini humbucker pickup to this now and wired it vol, vol, tone. I put some Hipshot tuners on too that are direct replacements for the nice looking but inefficient old Klusons - keeping all the original bits of course! Sounds and plays fantastic now with a more usable range of tones and its original vintage mudbucker sound too!