Why become a member? ×

Yamaha TRB 4II For Trade

MusicalJuggernaught

I would very much like to trade my 1998 Yamaha TRB 4II. Is a Japanese made TRB unlike the new Korean built ones. Colour is Amber Burst. Really Nice Colour. Similar in a way to Sunburst. 3 Band EQ and Brass Hardware. Has got Two Very nice active humbuckers, with a precise pickup selector to 'dial-in' the sound you require. This is a long scale bass. Has great sustain, the neck is Strong and True, no Fret ware at all. The Neck is thin compared to my precision bass, and allows access to all the 24 frets. Is Currently in with the Guys at Vintage and Rare getting a set up and new strings, so should play amazingly. I have had no modification done to the bass so is factory specification. Am looking for a trade, preferably a jazz but remain open-minded.

[quote name='tonybassplayer' post='282965' date='Sep 12 2008, 11:00 PM']I have one of these sat up in the wardrobe.

Think I need to put a new battery in it and play it at tomorrows gig !!

[attachment=13284:IMG_0002.JPG][/quote]

I likee the look of these but does the TRBII have the piezo or would that be the TRBII(p)... might sound obvious but the Yamaha range is confusing to simpletons :)

That's not the one with the piezo. You are thinking about the TRB-4p which is based on the "original" TRB4. The TRB-#p basses are really a different beast altogether with through necks and ebony fretboards. I had a 4p for a while and, assuming it wasn't just a dud, I didn't like it. The sound was very percussive and aggressive and the pickups were noisy.

I still have a TRB-4ii like the the sellers (except blue) which I really like and am unlikely to part with. Very chunky neck by the way!

Anyway, have a bump and good luck :-)

Edited by thepurpleblob