Why become a member? ×

Spectorcore Fretless 4
£450

skb558

Hello

[reduced price = £400]

Looking to sell this fretless 4 bought from Bass Direct earlier this year.
Haven't played it as much as I thought I would so looking to sell or would trade + cash for a Gibson Thunderbird.

Only mod has been addition of Schaller straplock buttons.

Will post some of my own pictures later this evening.

[i]Spector SpectorCore Piezo 4 Bass Guitar, - A dynamic range of tonal options. This semi-hollow, acoustically chambered bass also features a Piezo Bridge (Fishman™) with active tone control.[/i]
[i]Combined with a single EMG® HZ™ dual humbucking passive pickup you get a bass with a sound unlike any other. And when you take into account that this is Spector's most popular model as a fretless bass, and you have a truly unique sounding instrument for the recording studio or touring.[/i][list]
[*][i]Semi-Hollow Spectorcore Body w/F Hole[/i]
[*][i]Acoustically designed tone chambers[/i]
[*][i]3 pc Bolt-On Rock Maple Neck, 24 Fret Rosewood Fingerboard, 34" scale[/i]
[*][i]FISHMAN Bass PowerBridge, FISHMAN PowerChip EQ System[/i]
[*][i]Black Hardware[/i]
[*][i]Genuine Quilted Maple Top[/i]
[*][i]EMG-HZ passive pickup, passive tone control[/i]
[*][i]Width at nut 1.56", string spacing at bridge .75", fingerboard radius 16"[/i]
[*][i][size=3]T[/size]russ rod allen wrench size 5mm, bridge allen wrench size 2mm[/i]
[/list]
Shaun

[attachment=206304:Spector-1.jpg]
[attachment=206305:Spector-2.jpg]
[attachment=206306:Spector-3.jpg]
[attachment=206307:Spector-4.jpg]
[attachment=206308:Spector-5.jpg]
[attachment=206309:Spector-6.jpg]

Edited by skb558

I tried one of these a few years ago and was impressed with the tone and the amount of "mwah" you get from it. I'm not going to go down the "sounds just like an upright" route, but I'd say depending upon strings and playing technique it can do a passable impression of one.

GLWTS.

Had the pleasure of meeting Shaun and trying this bass on a gig this week.
It's very nice, lightweight, no noticeable neck dive on a strap, although I played it sitting on a stool for about an hour.
Very easy to get a happy sound. The flat wound strings are higher tension to the La Bella black nylons on my Rob Allen & Steinberger fretless basses but I soon got used to it.
I think Shaun should hang on to it, but if he doesn't someone else should be very happy with it!