Why become a member? ×

Bass Clearout

King Tut

I want to own less basses so i can play the ones I've got more often - if that makes sense! I'll add some pitures over the week but i'll put a few on to be getting on with. Prices quoted reflect collection from Milton Keynes.

Here goes:

[b]Fender (mex) Classic Precision Bass[/b] - Blonde. It's a '59 reissue and has been retro fitted with a tortoiseshell scratchplate. The original gold one is available but it's marked. There's a finger rest and a bridge cover fitted. When I put the bridge cover on, I didn't drill pilot holes, so the paint has cracked a bit, though you can't see this with the cover on. Also had to move the headstock string retainer over a couple of mm as it was misaligned. The old hole doesn't show though. Sounds great live - soundclips available. £300

[b]Fender (Jap) Precision Lyte - 86.~~~SOLD~~~[/b] Lighter than a light thing in a helium factory. Tobacco sunburst with tarnished gold hardware. Well worn chipped and scarred with bags of mojo! Excellent player - very fast thin neck. Now rewired, fitted with the original pickups and a passive VVT control set. £200

[b]WITHDRAWN - Fender (Jap) Mustang reissue - Fiesta red.[/b] About 6 months old complete with very nice gig bag. Unmarked. Nothing at all wrong with this bass, It just doesn't suit me too well. £350

[b]Hohner B Bass 6 ~~~SOLD~~~[/b] Very nice 6 string bass - natural finish. It has active pickups, but I've taken the active preamp out as it sounded horrible, so the tone control is passive. A tasteful (!?) decal covers the hole for the other knob. it has three screw holes on the body where a Roland V Bass system was fitted. The dark marks on the photos are shadows from leaves!! This has a lovely tone and plays very nicely. It has a replacement bridge fitted, as the original had started to tarnish. The sticker on the headstock has been removed. £200

So come on - roll up roll up - come and buy my luvverly precision! May be open to trades but would prefer to sell.

Edited by King Tut

• 1 month later...