Why become a member? ×

SOLD! Mayones Jabba "Super-Jazz"
£600

Conan

NOW [i][b]£550[/b][/i]

I never thought I'd sell this bass, but financial issues make it necessary... :(

It is black with matching headstock. It is in very good condition (one or two minor dings and scratches). It has been modded (by a previous owner) by the addition of a series/parallel switch, which gives extra tonal options. It really sings due to the wood, construction and Delano pickups :)

It has a lovely low action and plays beautifully. The build quality is simply outstanding (way better than many Fenders I have played) and it balances perfectly. This bass just oozes quality... [url="http://www.mayones.com/en/katalog/jabba/jabba_classic"]http://www.mayones.c...a/jabba_classic[/url]

The specs are as follows:

- Alder body
- One piece maple neck.
- Maple fingerboard
- Hipshot A style bridge, brass, adjustable string spacing (19mm to 21mm).
- Schaller tuners.
- 42mm nut width
- 20" fingerboard radius
- 34.25" scale length
- Delano JMVC 4 FE/M2 pickups
- Electronics vol/vol/tone, w/ series/parallel switch.
- 24 jumbo frets.
- Weight is 9lbs 3oz.

The parts alone are worth several hundred quid!

I am happy to take more photos if anyone is interested in something in particular, just let me know by PM.

A Fender padded gigbag can be included for postage purposes (at extra cost). Shipping within the UK is included in the price (at buyer's risk of course). I am happy to post wider afield, but the extra cost will have to be absorbed by the purchaser.

No trades please (unless they involve at least £200 in my direction) as I need the cash! My basschat feedback is here - [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/81215-feedback-for-geoff-aka-conan/page__hl__conan"]http://basschat.co.u...page__hl__conan[/url]

Any questions, just shout!

[attachment=204146:20151102_164044.jpg][attachment=204147:20151102_164127.jpg][attachment=204148:20151102_164201.jpg][attachment=204149:20151102_164303.jpg]

Edited by Conan

[quote name='castlemaine22' timestamp='1446544023' post='2900087']
This is my old bass, fantastic instrument, sounds great and plays like butter! GLWTS.
[/quote]

It does indeed! I really like it, but I just can't justify owning five basses (four of them J-style) when we have bills to pay :(

Don't know, seems like a really nice bass and I was highly tempted last time it was up for sale. Still am tbh. If I had the readies I'd have bought it already as a 2-octave Jazz-type bass is my preferred combination.

Still saving up atm.

[quote name='ead' timestamp='1447922703' post='2911437']
Still saving up atm.
[/quote]

I know how you feel! :gas:

The market is odd at the moment - lots of Fenders and other J-type basses, and lots of really top-end stuff. Some is selling quickly and others are hanging around for a long time, even when the prices are competitive. It's frustrating when one needs money! <_<

Edited by Conan

I'd be happy to deliver this within a radius of around 40 miles or so of Newcastle... Well, in all directions except east of course - as that would be in the middle of the North Sea!

Will also meet up with buyers who are further away... just try me!

[quote name='rungles' timestamp='1449157124' post='2921173']
Someone grab this please before I do! Geoff is a top guy to deal with.
[/quote]

You should have said!! I could have put it in the same box as the Geddy! :lol: They make a lovely pair (as seen in one of the pics at the top of the thread...) :gas:

Edited by Conan

[quote name='Number6' timestamp='1449163110' post='2921241']
Are the bodies on these smaller than a Fender JB?
[/quote]

I haven't measured it or anything, but I would say that it is slightly smaller, yes. Not much though (I think the perspective in the photo above exaggerates any differences).

It does seem to balance better though. I suppose with the neck being longer it projects further into the body of the bass - which helps with balance.

It's certainly not a small-bodied bass like some of the Warwicks - but I would say it is a bit smaller and somehow more "petite" than the J bass.

I have a couple of other J basses at home, so I could take some more pics if you were interested?

Edit - just got home and had a look. The total size is just about identical, but the lower horn on the Jabba is much more deeply cut - allowing easy access to the dusty end of the two octave neck.

Edited by Conan