Why become a member? ×

BIAS Pedal - design your own stomp boxes and tone match your favourite pedals!

dannybuoy

This sucker analyses your pedals to recreate them in software. If I can clone my Blueberry, Team Awesome Fuzz Machine and B7K in this, I might have to sell my pedals!

You can also take any of the guitar pedals and fine tune the filters at each gain stage to let more low end through and also add a clean blend.

Looks like the iPad version does not support the tone match feature though. But I wonder if I could capture my pedals on PC and then transfer them (it sounds as if you can!)?

http://youtu.be/JyUHVIKFNDo

Edited by dannybuoy

Positive Grid are an incredible company! I've been using their apps since the very first version of Jam Up on iPhone arrived. I'm currently recording album bass tracks using BIAS desktop and BIAS FX desktop due for release next year with some world class musicians on board. The tone matching support is a brilliant feature: Gone are the days of having stacks and stacks of amplifiers, microphones and 'treated rooms' to capture that illusive tone? (Not that there is anything wrong with that mind!)

• 2 weeks later...

The other day we tried to record some guitards for a record using BIAS desktop on the iPad of the treble guitarrist, influenced by things like this: https://www.positivegrid.com/2014/10/bias-desktop-jeff-loomis-keith-merrow-conquering-dystopia/
I said tried because we have quite a bunch of problems with the app/hardware, and lose a lot of time tweaking with it. It had always work flawlessly in the hands of the owner before, he claimed.
The point is, for me its not safe enough for live use, and we had to argue a lot with the guitard player to not bring it to our next gig.
For recording, fair enough, modelling have improved a lot these days.