Why become a member? ×

Steinberger XL2 - 1986 - *** SOLD To Adrian Of Neath ***
£1700

BASSISACE

For sale is my 1986 Steinberger XL2
complete original soft case and additional hard case.

In GC for a 29 y/o bass, I've had to replace the pick up jaws - very common with XL2s
The pick up screws shows signs of corrosion, bass has additional strap hooks in body
Plays and sounds amazing, no issues

The bass was bought from Basschat moderator Nick Smith several years ago, I've been told previous owners were JJ Burnel and Andy Pearsons from The Beat.
Unfortunately I have no other documentation of JJ Burnel ownership.

Free postage within the UK only

Assuassurances of professional and honest sale throughout

PM if interested

Thanks for looking

Andy

Edited by BASSISACE

There's a legendary apocryphal tale about JJ trying out an XL2 in a music shop and the assistant bashes it several times off a wall to illustrate its indestructability. Obviously not this one as its in great nick, I have an 84 XL2 which this puts to shame. GLWTS

If additional provenance is required, you could always get hold of JJ and ask him ... particularly if the bass has any distinguishing features (such as extra strap buttons as mentioned).

I have a Custom Shop Thunderbird which I was told was built for Floyd London of the Almighty, which I'd always taken with a pinch of salt. However, I eventually thought I'd contact him and he confirmed that it was certainly originally his (replacement slightly wonky machine heads positively identified it) and even sent me a pic of himself playing it at Manchester Arena. :)