Why become a member? ×

Squier vm jaguar ss (Shortscale)

markdavid

[attachment=203751:sq1.jpg]Hi

Have just acquired a Squier VM Jaguar SS and ive got to say i am impressed, the bass plays great, sounds great and looks awesome.
I actually went into the shop to buy an EB3 copy but walked out with this instead, I plugged it in at the shop and the tone was rich,deep and warm even with the stock roundwounds, I was playing some Jack Bruce basslines and this suited them perfectly, the short scale of the bass really accentuates the warm, thumpy character of the precision pickup.
The only weakpoint of this bass is the tuning keys which are adequate but could be better but all in all a great bass. Have swapped the bridge on mine to a gold wilkinson bridge purely for aesthetic reasons
[attachment=203749:sq2.jpg]

Edited by markdavid

• 1 month later...

Got a candy apple red a couple of years ago. Also did the aesthetic replacement of the bridge, knobs and screws with black parts to match the pickguard. The nut was sh1te, so I replaced it - having a low cost bass allows tweaking, either for necessity or fun. I usually have the J on full and P half way. Wish the neck was a little wider though, otherwise it's a great bass for the money. No problem with the tuners so far. All I need now are some TI flats, but they only do 32". The bridge has a thru option, but E would still be too long. (TI strings seem to be designed for 2+2 headstocks, rather than Fender type 4 in line). I believe there is a huge fan base for this bass over on TalkBass.