Why become a member? ×

What size tuners for Squier VM Jaguar SS

markdavid

Hi

Have just brought a Squier Jaguar short scale bass that is an excellent bass, the bass is great but the tuning keys could be better, looking into replacements and there is 17mm,18mm,9mm, tuners that claim to be a direct replacement for mexican fenders, I am at a loss to what I should go for that will fit? Any ideas on this? Thanks

Hi
I have the full scale VM Jaguar but presume they are the same tuners. Later in the morning, I can check what size they are. To be absolutely sure, just take one off and measure it. The size they quote is the diameter of the cylinder that fits into the wood. Easiest way of measuring if you don't have callipers, is to measure the diameter of the hole in the headstock

I used some wilkinson copies of fender 70's style machineheads on my full scale jaguar vm
kept the original bushes on,these slot straight in but have a bigger baseplate but this covers the previous screw holes and i think they look better and work better.

[quote name='Andyjr1515' timestamp='1446009201' post='2896090']
Hi
I have the full scale VM Jaguar but presume they are the same tuners. Later in the morning, I can check what size they are. To be absolutely sure, just take one off and measure it. The size they quote is the diameter of the cylinder that fits into the wood. Easiest way of measuring if you don't have callipers, is to measure the diameter of the hole in the headstock
[/quote]
Hi , if you could that would be a great help , i dont think i have calipers or a tape measure at home, thanks

Edited by markdavid