Why become a member? ×

Shipping a bass to Southern Ireland

tayste_2000

So here I am having sold a bass to Ireland and said don't worry about shipping charges thinking Northern Ireland isn't much I'm sure Southern will only be a bit more, but now every quote I'm getting online is doiung volumetric weight of around 50kg's when the package isn't even 10kg's

What companies are there for decent, quick, cheap and insured delivery to Southern Ireland, I've seen the shipping sticky but I' mafter personal experience of shipping things to Ireland.

Cheers

Can't help you with Southern Ireland shipping quotes as I live in Northern Ireland, but I can tell you why you're getting hit hard on costs - the UK mail sees Southern Ireland as 'Europe' - ie: France, Spain, etc and charges accordingly. So, because I'm in N.Ireland (technically in the UK) it's cheaper for me to ship something across the water to England, Scotland or Wales than it is to ship it 20 miles down the road.

What some of my Southern colleagues do in this situation is have it shipped to a Northern Irish based relative/friend. It might work out cheaper for your buyer to have the item shipped to a depot in Belfast and then drive up to get it.

PM sent about this also.