Why become a member? ×

new project DnB to jazz

timhiggins

Just listened to the 'Love Is Real' taster and I dig it! Right up my alley :)

Nice production. Lovely vocal and tight bass playing. Works a treat.

My only constructive criticism would be that the beat could do with some variation - it's a nice break, albeit a touch repetitive. But that's me being picky.

Anyway... really nice. Keep us posted on how this develops as it'd be great to hear more.

Thanks Skol, appreciate the feedback

The whole thing is 6 mins and drops to more of a reggae vibe basswise with percussion added later

I will post the full length version soon as poss.

i get your point with drums ...i would probably have gone for some scientist style messin with them ,but then i would probably
do that on everything if i got it all my way ... :)

Love is real:
IMHO the drum beat is too strong in the mix. I enjoyed the bass tone and content. For me the real cool part was the outro. I real dug the soulful bass/vox.

Demo Medley Pt1: Nice job. Bass could be stronger, maybe.
Demo Medley Pt2: Bass could be stronger. The drum rim-shot is repettative and bringing the the bass up would add more interest.
Demo Medley Pt3, 4 & 5: Some nice stuff here. The bass does it's job. The pieces are short and don't really go anywhere, but what can happen in 50 seconds?

Wicked Man: You do tend to have your bass low in the mix don't you? You're playing some good lines over all the pieces. Not always predictable, but it all works well and great synchopation.

Note: this is all in a very humble opinion. I'm no pro, by ANY means. But as a "punter" in the bar these are my thoughts.

Good luck. You're doing well. IMVHO.

I like it. Very 4Hero.
Could go a middle 8 or breakdown in the middle. Maybe move the bit that's at the end to the middle & do some building on it with the busier bassline coming in with the beat after it to give impact.