Why become a member? ×

Overwater Comtempory Jazz 5 (Tanglewood)
£350

CalDeep

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]FEELER[/font][/size][attachment=201176:11825571_10153158316849436_2409136729341862352_n.jpg]
[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Up for sale is my Overwater by Tanglewood contemporary jazz 5. This is an awesome bass for the money, hand finished and set up by overwater in Carlisle. It plays as well as a bass twice the price easily. This comes in the blueburst finish. [/font][/size]

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]This would make a great second 5 string or a great bass for someone who doesn't need a 5 a lot. Its cheap and cheerful but with a nice tone palate and as I say has playability beyond belief! [/font][/size]

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]If I had more time/money Id planned to put aguilar super singles and a J retro in it. I imagine that would make it fairly unstoppable!

Unfortuntately not really looking for anything in trade / part ex as Im short on cash. However if you have something interesting fire me a message! [/font][/size]

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='colgraff' timestamp='1444916134' post='2887297']
I don't mean to sound awkward, but have you seen the price these are now going for new?

[size=2][url="http://www.kennysmusic.co.uk/guitar-bass/bass-guitars/overwater"]http://www.kennysmus...itars/overwater[/url][/size]
[/quote]

Yes - but there were known QC issues with many of the Tanglewood Overwaters and Overwater had to step in and do the QC for many of them once they had shipped over.

Without a doubt Kenny's Music are offering a bargain - but the OP's ad should give some degree of comfort that this particular bass has passed muster with Overwater themselves.

Whether that is worth the asking price is, I guess, up to any potential buyer, but at least they would know the score.

Edited by DavidMcKay

I appreciate both your opinions on this! This is one of the very first run of these before they were properly being mass produced and so was hand finished and set by overwater. I am aware of the QC issues but I haven't tried the new ones personally to comment. I can tell you that for what you get for £350 for this is in as new condition is certainly well more than £350 worth of bass. When this particular bass hit the shelves with the other Overwater approved basses they retailed just shy of £700

[quote name='Thunderbird' timestamp='1444926098' post='2887441']
They are great basses but the value drops like crazy for example I sold a mint condition first run for £230 not long ago people just don't seem to want these basses S/H which is sad as they are good glwts mate
[/quote]

Agreed.

I got Overwater to carry out some refinements to an Overwater Tanglewood Aspiration Elite Fretless (first run also) and I still lost close to £200. Smashing kit - just couldn't generate the interest.