Why become a member? ×

Hello

benhs

Hi, I'm Ben.

Just thought I'd introduce myself as Mickeyboro has pointed out... How rude of me! I guess I feel like I shouldn't really be here!

Having started playing bass a few years back, I decided that I would be more inclined to practice if I acquired a nice bass and went for an original 78 Fender Jazz bass. It is beautiful!

Despite my best efforts though, my keyboards and vocals took precedent and I haven't picked a bass up in about two years.

Due to my own failures as a bassist, I recently decided to sell my bass, as it really is a beautiful thing and should be admired rather than stored in a box under my bed!

Today, I traded it for two more modern basses, a Fender Precision and another Jazz, with the hope of selling them....

Thankfully the chap I traded it with is an honest bloke, as he has just called to tell me that the 78 is worth £2000 (there's a 77 on Vintage and Rare selling for £2250 here [url="http://www.vintageandrareguitars.com/web/Our-Catalogue/Fender/Electric-Basses"]http://www.vintageandrareguitars.com/web/o...sses/item/3998)[/url] and as such feels like he's ripped me off and wants to trade back!.... So I will....

That means that I'll have to take my post down re: The Precision, which I put up earlier today. I hope you bass boys aren't too angry and are willing to take pitty on the girly keyboard player! :)

Anyway, in spite of our differences, I'm sure I share a healthy love of the audible arts with a large number of you chaps....

Musically, I like and play pretty much anything, but am currently listening to a lot of Sting, Radiohead, Incubus, Seth Lakeman, Jaco Pastorius [ :huh: ], Miles Davis, Afro Celt Sound System.... The list goes on....

I've also just recently started a strange trio, just me on keyboards and vox, an awesome bass player and..... er.... we need a drummer.... know any in the Lancaster area!!??

Thanks for reading!....

Cheers! Ben.

Edited by benhs

Hi Ben, welcome to the site. Being a bass player is not a requirement - you could argue that your left hand is playing bass on those keys anyway!

Interesting story RE the trade. Let me know if you want any posts removed etc, just send me a PM or stick 'em on here.

Cheers
ped

Hello again Ben!

Sorry if I was a bit rude - I'm delighted you are going to be a 'contributing member', as it's the shared experiences that make this board what it is. At least, when you've spent up all available money on gear, which I have...hence my snappy retort! :)

Keep the comments coming, you're more than welcome even if you are a k******dist! (Oh dear, spoiled it now haven't I?) :huh:

All the best.