Why become a member? ×

Wiring queries

waynepunkdude

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='276715' date='Sep 4 2008, 09:08 AM']2 questions hopefully simple

I'm putting some high output passives into my Encore (just for the fun of it I have them lying around)

1, What does a capacitor do to the tone?[/quote]

Rolls off the treble

[quote]2. Can I wire it up without a volume or tone pot?

Cheers[/quote]

Yes. One of my basses has a single MM pup wired straight to the jack and it just sounds like it would with volume and tone full on. And that's the way (ah-a ah-a) I like it.

[quote name='bremen' post='276730' date='Sep 4 2008, 09:25 AM']Rolls off the treble

Yes. One of my basses has a single MM pup wired straight to the jack and it just sounds like it would with volume and tone full on. And that's the way (ah-a ah-a) I like it.[/quote]

Awesome I don't want to roll off the treble (its a Punk bass) so do I just wire the 2 pick up wires to the jack?

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='276738' date='Sep 4 2008, 09:38 AM']Awesome, where do I earth the bridge to?[/quote]
If that was my bass, I would first hear how it sounds without that wire - but if you have to, just wire it to the sleeve of the jack.

Edited by bnt

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='277200' date='Sep 4 2008, 04:50 PM']I've decided I'm going to put an on off switch on it .

This one [url="http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=37319"]http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=37319[/url][/quote]

you do know that that's not a switch, just the cover...?

Wire the switch across the jack, not in series with it, for minimum on/off 'click'.

• 5 months later...