Why become a member? ×

Vintage TV : 'Needle time'

The Admiral

Don't know if anyone has found this up the dusty end on Sky : Channel 369, but a series of interviews by music journo Neil McCormick with various musos.

Taped the episode with Mark King last night and it was pretty good - good conversation about his background and technique, with MK demonstrating on a remarkably bling Status.

Also in the series : Suzi Quattro and Nile Rogers.

http://www.locatetv.com/tv/neil-mccormicks-needle-time/8073060/episode-guide

I like Vintage TV, I think it is the best of the dedicated music channels available at the moment but I can't help thinking that one day there will be a really good music channel, I am imagining a channel concentrating on the "rockumentries" shown on BBC4 and Sky Arts mixed with interviews, tour news, live bands ala Whistle Test etc

[quote name='jezzaboy' timestamp='1441449196' post='2858955']
Good program on the whole but the picture quality and the quality of the clips they show, leave a lot to be desired in this HD picture age.
[/quote]

Agreed. It's a bit pants in terms of quality, and it does have the look of something that is run from a room over a garage in Hull, but it's trying - which is more than can be said for other music tv providers. Does MTV actually have any music on it these days?

[quote name='The Admiral' timestamp='1441463420' post='2859073']
and it does have the look of something that is run from a room over a garage in Hull,
[/quote]

If you think Vintage TV is bad, you should see Big Centre TV. I think they only have two sets, one is a cotwold stone 'wall' but they change the props in front of it, the other is a huge rack of vinyl albums, that appear to be the 24" versions.

But what can you expect from a channel that airs old episodes of Crossroads, not in sequence, entirely at random.