Why become a member? ×

FS: Trace Elliot V-Type 4x8 combo

Merton

Crap pic: (better ones to follow!)

[attachment=12876:8x8rig.jpg]
We're talking the combo on the left, not the cab on the right.

V-Type preamp, 290W RMS (@ 4 ohm) MOSFET power amp. This is the best Trace amp I've ever used, the sound is slightly rounder and softer than the 1x15 version of this combo. I'm keeping the 1x15 as it's lighter and an earlier version with 250W BiPolar Bear power board.
I added castors to the combo (they really are needed, this is 42kg!) and recently had four new Celestion speakers put in.
Approx 180W into the internal speakers.
[b]SOLD[/b]

[i]*Earthing fix: the standard design has the preamp board AC-coupled to ground and this is a mass production fix which seems a bit, well, dumb. It's easier, cheaper, and quieter to have it DC-coupled, so that's what Steve did. It's made it quieter, and more importantly it no longer picks up power supply noise like an FM radio....[/i] :)

Edited by Merton

[quote name='BassManKev' post='276298' date='Sep 3 2008, 03:00 PM']if you wernt building me the little 1x8, id be very tempted by that 4x8...[/quote]

You still may want this depending on how the 1x8 turns out!!

[quote name='Waldo' post='276301' date='Sep 3 2008, 03:02 PM']Oh godamnit will someone please buy my Stingray so I can have this![/quote]

Trace GAS, sir? :huh:

Forgot to say, it isn't currently going to the SE Bass Bash but that is as good a place as any for swapping heavy green stuff for papery green stuff :)

• 1 month later...

Are you going to the BassDay in Manchester?

Im still tempted, I want either a small cab or lightish combo.. I know this is probably damn heavy, I need to find something around the house that weighs 42Kg?? I think it's a bit unrealistic though.. but im tempted. Let me know if you might be at the BassDay though.. :)

[quote name='overwater#1' post='303135' date='Oct 9 2008, 04:30 PM']Are you going to the BassDay in Manchester?

Im still tempted, I want either a small cab or lightish combo.. I know this is probably damn heavy, I need to find something around the house that weighs 42Kg?? I think it's a bit unrealistic though.. but im tempted. Let me know if you might be at the BassDay though.. :)[/quote]
Probably am going to BassDay but I'll be training it, not driving... (Tho if you really want it I will figure a way of getting it on the train with me!)

Think your 4x10 cab is about 42kg as well if that helps?

Il just attempt to weight it now.. hell, how easy is it to lift on that little handle then? How portable is it? Do you have any rough dimensions, just so I can see if it'l fit in the car easy enough?
Il definately be at BassDay, so il let you know, im not sure though with the weight.. Il see! :) I bet its a cracker to play.
How well does it handle a mighty low B?

[quote name='Merton' post='303142' date='Oct 9 2008, 04:34 PM']Probably am going to BassDay but I'll be training it, not driving... (Tho if you really want it I will figure a way of getting it on the train with me!)

Think your 4x10 cab is about 42kg as well if that helps?[/quote]

Low B - fine at reasonable volumes but it will fart out a bit at higher levels.

Single strap is OK, but I tend to pick it up in a big hug-like grip and carry like that. The castors make it a helluva lot easier to cart around!

Dimensions are 63cm tall (excluding castors and handle), 54cm wide and 34cm deep :)

[quote name='overwater#1' post='307806' date='Oct 16 2008, 12:38 PM']Still thinking Merton, it's just the weight of the thing.. Soooo tempted, and have the cash :)[/quote]
The weight is the main reason I'm selling it, other than the fact I really don't need a 2nd combo at the moment. It's a big consideration. But you're young and healthy :huh:

[quote name='overwater#1' post='307900' date='Oct 16 2008, 02:25 PM']I will be in touch anyway then, Im definately interested. How much extra was it for the matching 4x8 cab?
Do you have any other pictures available?
Thanks V much! :huh: Matt[/quote]
Will try to get some more pics tonight or tomorrow :) Matching cab has been withdrawn for the mo I'm afraid - it sounds awesome with my 1x15 combo and as my 1x15 cab is yet to even start being made I need it for the forseeable...

• 2 weeks later...

SSSSSSSSSSSSOLD!!! :huh: Can't wait..!! More Tracey Stuff!! :huh: :huh:

Cheers Merton.... This guy has been an absolute pleasure to deal with, as i've asked a million and one questions about the amp, and he's always replied promptly with detail, and has been just a top guy throughout! Thankyou very much for the help mate, i'l be filling in you're feedback thread too!! :unsure:

Matt :)

[quote name='overwater#1' post='315771' date='Oct 27 2008, 01:19 PM']SSSSSSSSSSSSOLD!!! :unsure: Can't wait..!! More Tracey Stuff!! :huh: :huh:

Cheers Merton.... This guy has been an absolute pleasure to deal with, as i've asked a million and one questions about the amp, and he's always replied promptly with detail, and has been just a top guy throughout! Thankyou very much for the help mate, i'l be filling in you're feedback thread too!! :lol:

Matt :)[/quote]
Cheers Matt - just got your email re. cheque too so thanks for that too!

Matt has also been a pleasure to do biz with, I think he was worried he was pissing me off with questions but I really do think when spending out on an amp you have the right to ask what you want! Top fella :huh: