Why become a member? ×

Traded please remove. Precision. Japan 1994/95.
£450

itsmedunc

Only just got this and wouldn't mind keeping it but she that must be obeyed has said no as i've just got a couple of new heads... Boo. So, it's up for sale.

Nice Japanese Fender P based on a 57. From an era that's renowned for it's quality. Not seen one of these before. Plays and sounds very nicely indeed. The neck is superb. Sounds massive through a Genz Shuttle or LM3 accompanied by a BF Midget. I believe this series used mini pots unlike the earlier 90's models but do not sound inferior in any way. 250k's. One ply scratch-plate. Comes with soft case and Fender strap.

Fotoflame/photofinish body? If anybody can enlighten me?

The neck stamp and pocket digits match and I believe it is totally original. If anyone has any other info please let me know but I've no reason to doubt it's authenticity.

Theres a scratch on the back but the camera makes it look worse than it is and it may well polish out. Theres a chip off the paint on the lower side of the body thats been painted in and it's covered quite well. Again the camera makes it look worse than it actually is. The lacquer has lifted over the Fender logo but not split) and a bit towards the end of the headstock. All shown in the photo's. There may be other small imperfections but nothing serious.

I cant weigh it at the moment but it feels about the same as my JV 57 so is probably around 8 1/2lb max. Will check when I can.

As there is no case I cannot ship it insured, it will be well packed but it will be shipped at your own risk. I'm willing to source a hard case at cost and ship it insured in that though. Collection would be preferred so buyer could try it out first. Might be able to meet up depending on distance.

May trade. Try me...

Edited by itsmedunc

[quote name='BobVbass' timestamp='1441138321' post='2856438']
definitely a Foto flame MIJ I had an identical one - really great basses and rare to find one without cracked lacquer these days
[/quote]

Thanks for that. It really is a nice bass. I never realised the fotoflame was prone to cracking though. This is in great shape then!

Edited by itsmedunc