Why become a member? ×

SOLD: Tom Clements SC6 Fretless Bass Guitar - price dropped
£1299

Musashimonkey

Selling my beautiful Tom Clements USA handmade 6 string fretless bass. Purchased from BassDirect, built in 2011, only had one other owner, very well looked after in fantastic condition. This has a wonderfully crafted asymmetric neck that thins out on the treble side, which makes is very playable, and a wonderfully figured body. The Mwah from this solid slab of ebony fret board is exceptional.

This was always a keeper and I really don’t want to pass it on. However with a wife on a career break and one gorgeous little baby, I must convert into funds, so no trades thank you. Happy to arrange for a courier at buyers expense, free local pick up. More than welcome to try it out, you won’t be disappointed! More pictures on request, fire any questions my way.

[b]Specifications;[/b]
Black Limba body
Spalted maple top
Natural satin finish
Black Limba neck
Ebony F/B, 34” scale
Hipshot ultralight tuners
Hipshot A style bridge, 18mm string spacing (adjustable 17 - 19mm)
Nordstrand big split pickups
East SP 2 band preamp
10lb 2oz/4.5kgs

[attachment=199396:clemfront.jpg]

Edited by Musashimonkey

Thanks Ambient. I agree an amazing bass, increadibly playable.
Not sure if this was yours though... the fret board seems like real Ebony to me, as in the specs I was given. It looks like wood grain there and there's a slight difference in colour in places, a nice silvery/bronze sheen coming through in some areas. BassDirect sold it to me at the end of last year, where it was only advertised for two days (on commission sale) before I snatched it, they said it only had one previous owner.
I'll have to do a photo bucket with some high res photo's...
Either way, still bucket loads of mwah though! 😀

Edited by Musashimonkey

Thanks for all the comments guys. Had quite some interest but no takers yet...
I spoke to Tom Clements, and he thinks this may have a Dymondwood fret board, which with some U.S. luthiers is a $200 upgrade from ebony. Either way, it's solid, stable and sounds great.