Why become a member? ×

Sterling Sub 5 - SOLD
£215

Woodinblack

The recent aquisition of my lovely ACG has led to words such as 'another bass' and 'too many basses' and 'can't play all those at once'. I did put my Geddy Lee Jazz up, but having played it quite a bit since putting it up, I realise it is too nice to get rid of some I should move the others on instead and take that down.

So here is a Sterling Sub 5, bought on here in February. Very nice bass, plays well, really light and taught me that not all stingray necks are bad.
This has a retrovibe stinger preamp, with a passive / active switch, replaced knobs and stick on block markers. Has a really smooth sound to it, and the preamp just fills the sound up. There is no volume difference between passive and active. Very nice bass that I wouldn't get rid of if I wasn't trying to reduce the herd.

There are a couple of small scratches on the back but nothing really noticeable. It has been gigged a few times but no damage from that.

So [s]£215[/s] £200 picked up from Yeovil, and will post for cost to wherever in the UK.

Edited by Woodinblack

• 1 month later...

thanks for the picture, it seems that the sterling sub 5 has a different spacing to the rest of the 5 strings from the Musicman stable, a real shame for me as I find any anything under 17mm too narrow.

I guess I'm going to have to save up for on of the more expensive models with the 17.5mm spacing then

Thanks

Matt