Why become a member? ×

SOLD. Thanks BC
£1850

fingerz

NOW ON HOLD.... AND SOLD. PLEASE REMOVE.

[center][size=5][b]NOW REDUCED TO £1750.00[/b][/size][/center]

[center][u][size=5]Custom Shop Olympic White 64 Jazz with Matching Headstock[/size][/u][/center]

I've decided to put my absolutely stunning Custom Shop 64 Relic Jazz Bass up for sale. I bought this bass because it is one of the best jazzes I have played - I was looking for a vintage jazz at the time, but there were just too many bad ones around. I had played this bass when it was new, and when it came up second hand, I jumped at the chance to play it again and bought it within seconds of playing it! No dead spot, fantastic 60's tone, great weight, stunning looks. I have played a lot of CS jazzes too, this one is head and shoulders above the others I have played. Sets up amazingly, currently set nice and low with round wounds.

Having done a lot of playing on her, which I have immensely enjoyed, I've come to the conclusion that I'm a 70's guy, and have decided to continue the hunt for a nice 70's jazz (eh?! Lol). Reluctantly deciding to part with this amazing bass, it really is a 'good one'. The great thing is, I feel as though I have owned a proper 60's jazz, so if that's where your sound and feel is, then this could be the one you have been looking for.

Relic:
As you can see the bass has medium relicing and wear. It's all 'original' as far as I'm aware. The best thing about these is the back of the neck, feels played in, smooth, and very much 'home'.
Nitro lacquer throughout. Beautiful checking on the body, I don't know how they do it, but it's the real deal. Like I say, I really love this on the neck as it feels so good in the hand. Very thin finish throughout, no doubt gives it 'that' tone, and the woods will age really nicely.

Weight:
9 lbs. Very comfortable.

Comes with:
All original case candy, ash trays, strap (unused), Lead (unused)., thumb rest, picks, manual etc etc
Certificate of Authenticity
Hard Case (original, as new)
Strung with dunlop nickels 45/105 at the mo. (I preferred DR's but you can fit what you want!)
I intend to remove the strap locks, and will re-install the original buttons

**SALE ONLY, NO TRADES**

Located in Bucks, I travel around so can meet if required/convenient, happy to have serious buyer round for a cuppa and a play on the bass if you'd like to try it.

Thanks for looking.

Edited by fingerz

Wow, can't believe that you put this one up for sale mate.

I know this bass well as I sold it to Jo, after it came to me on a p/x from a guy who was reverting back to P Basses.

Simply put, it's a stunner and just as good as Jo says, not one aspect to fault at all in my opinion and fairly decent experience of Cistom Shops. The Custom Shop can sometimes produce basses that are purely average, this one is top notch.

GLWTS Jo, someone is going to get a killer Jazz Bass.

[quote name='Chiliwailer' timestamp='1439580462' post='2844220']
Wow, can't believe that you put this one up for sale mate.

I know this bass well as I sold it to Jo, after it came to me on a p/x from a guy who was reverting back to P Basses.

Simply put, it's a stunner and just as good as Jo says, not one aspect to fault at all in my opinion and fairly decent experience of Cistom Shops. The Custom Shop can sometimes produce basses that are purely average, this one is top notch.

GLWTS Jo, someone is going to get a killer Jazz Bass.
[/quote]

Thanks mate. I know, me either, I bought it as a keeper. No matter how much I try, I guess I'm a 70's guy. It's such a great 60's spec/sound jazz.

[quote name='Salotti' timestamp='1439582879' post='2844248']
Sadowsky Nyc vintage mastergrade trade?
[/quote]

I forgot to say, caught up in talking about this bass, that this is a sale only, no trades. Thank you for your kind offer.

[quote name='AndyTravis' timestamp='1439588266' post='2844282']
Miss mine, looks a bit blue in my pic - but it was only white.

[url="https://instagram.com/p/zGiUhSOQaD/"]https://instagram.com/p/zGiUhSOQaD/[/url]

I wonder how quick my house sale will go through
[/quote]

Looks nice Andy : ) I can never play with either ash tray on, wish I could looking at yours, they look so cool ! Mine can look blue too in certain lights, there's definitely a bit of blue in the finish I'm sure - it probably helps achieve that 'thick' /'powder' white that comes with an old nitro finish.

[quote name='fingerz' timestamp='1439592144' post='2844323']

Looks nice Andy : ) I can never play with either ash tray on, wish I could looking at yours, they look so cool ! Mine can look blue too in certain lights, there's definitely a bit of blue in the finish I'm sure - it probably helps achieve that 'thick' /'powder' white that comes with an old nitro finish.
[/quote]

Yeah, it was referred to as having 'a duck egg quality' once.

Sold it back to the chap I bought it off so I could get married.

Loved it. 😔

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This bass is back up for sale. I got messed around by a member on here and has been on hold for a few weeks possibly going to France.

My CS is back up for sale, and I will get alternative images on Photobucket as soon as it lets me upload (very dodgy at the moment!).

Cheers.