Why become a member? ×

Markbass Cmd 121p convert

Travis

So, after running a LM III and traveller 121h for some function work for the last year or so, I decided that I wanted to augment the setup with an additional 12" cab for outdoor gigs and spaces where I needed to move just a bit more air.

In an effort to consolidate my rig and keep things portable, I decided to try out a cmd 121p combo (one of the older, LMII equipped models) and use the combo+ extension cab.

Wow, this is one amazing little combo! Not perfect but the bang for your buck is incredible!

Coupled with the Traveller 121, it makes an incredibly tight and portable little stack. The adjustable horn on the traveller definitely helps balance out the whole package. I'm totally sold. I can't help but think of setups I've had in the last 20 years or so and wonder at how I can get the tone I'm getting out of something that won't kill me to haul home at 4:00am...

If you're curious and in the market for a lightweight combo, you should be looking into these as a possible option.

I had similar, the CMD121P but with the NY121 ext cab. Lightweight, portable, and great tone. Only sold it on as for one needed some grit/dirt and Markbass doesn`t really do that, and secondly do loads of gigs with provided cabs, so needed an amp head, and one which could do afore-mentioned grit. But the Markbass stack will always be thought of fondly, and when I finally grow up and stop playing punk I`m pretty sure I`ll end up with that set-up again.

I have one too and love it. Lovely and lightweight and easily transportable. I tend to hear "oh, it's a MarkBass, that's fine just plug it in and go" from sound engineers. I did the tweeter mod to mine so it doesn't hiss and it still sounds great.

I find it's a darn good DI box for my audio interface too so my recordings have improved as well.

[quote name='Mornats' timestamp='1439502781' post='2843481']
I have one too and love it. Lovely and lightweight and easily transportable. I tend to hear "oh, it's a MarkBass, that's fine just plug it in and go" from sound engineers. I did the tweeter mod to mine so it doesn't hiss and it still sounds great.

I find it's a darn good DI box for my audio interface too so my recordings have improved as well.
[/quote]

Tweeter mod? :blink: