Why become a member? ×

Promo Photos and Demo Videos

mrtcat

We need to sort promo pics and demo video for a wedding / function band. We have just finished tracking for 5 demo tunes in the studio and will hopefully have this mixed and mastered within the next week. We have access to a really nice wedding venue with purpose built stage area for filming. Our plan is to play tracks we recorded and play along and then sync the footage up as I'm sure many people do. We'll also do some interviews with the band and hopefuly end up with a 3-4min video that uses parts of all 5 tracks. Does anyone have experience of doing this?

We are happy to use a pro videographer and photographer but I'm sure there are many pitfalls so any advice on getting best bang for our buck will be welcomed.

Does anyone know of a decent photographer and / or videographer (professional or amateur) in Oxon / Bucks / Northants area who works well with bands?

Edited by mrtcat

Hi mrtcat

We've just updated our promo video using a live gig partially synced to some demo tracks that we had already cut and whilst it's not a Pro job, I'm pretty happy that it represents the show that the band puts on reasonably well.

Cost for this was very reasonable (PM me for details and contact info). The girls are based in Cardiff I think but will travel and are looking to expand their portfolio.

Given that the vast majority of our gigs are through word of mouth rather than the web site it seemed a reasonable stap without spending a fortune.

Video is on our home page at www.bringdownthehouse.org

Cheers

Pete