Why become a member? ×

Managing Threads I follow - site suggestion

Grangur

Hi there,

I have a confession to make... I'm sorry. Truly sorry, but I've been to another bass forum. I know it's unforgivable. :(

It's not as good as Basschat, of course.

The user interface would indicate that they use the same software as BC, but they have a cool way that members can change their preferences for threads they follow. I've attached a picture of the screenshot.

[attachment=195078:sbl-screen.jpg]

Can we have that here?

[quote name='Grangur' timestamp='1435323807' post='2807704']
Hi there,

I have a confession to make... I'm sorry. Truly sorry, but I've been to another bass forum. I know it's unforgivable. :(

It's not as good as Basschat, of course.

The user interface would indicate that they use the same software as BC, but they have a cool way that members can change their preferences for threads they follow. I've attached a picture of the screenshot.

[attachment=195078:sbl-screen.jpg]

Can we have that here?
[/quote]

Not sure concerning the specific example, but as general information...

Albeit using the same basic forum software, there are many opportunities for sites to use customisation for specific needs (as does this site...). Seeing some functionality on another, similar, forum does not mean that it's automatically available for others. Customisation is expensive, and often a barrier to a smooth upgrade path, and is not a Good Idea, unless the needs are real and worth the grief.
Not to say that this topic is of no utility; all suggestions are considered seriously. It's not always that simple, though.
Just sayin'.

Thanks Douglas (Dad). You have a good point there. I, as a meer punter, have no idea what scripting has gone on in the background.

It's also true to say there are things on BC that work better than on... er.... the [i]other [/i]place.

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:167485]

[quote name='Grangur' timestamp='1435325518' post='2807729']...
It's also true to say there are things on BC that work better than on... er.... the [i]other [/i]place.
[/quote]

Now [i]that's[/i] worth repeating..! :lol:

Edited by Dad3353

There are a lot of different versions of IPBoard software in use out there, not saying ours is old, but some parts of it rely on a dwarf with an abacus.

We are getting dangerously close to rolling out a new version which is much slicker and uses two dwarves and an etch a sketch. ;)