Why become a member? ×

stuart zender

marcus bell

[quote name='joe_bass' post='271840' date='Aug 28 2008, 03:23 PM']Think we might start off a coughing fit here :huh:

Yep all lies in Google mate.

If you didn't know my avatar is a pic of Zender using his interesting Streamer, you should be able to find quite a few pics of this too.[/quote]

all right guys thanks for your help, ive just recently got back into jamiroquai big time...

i love the first three albums best...zender is good :)

thanks again

marcus

[quote name='marcus bell' post='271847' date='Aug 28 2008, 03:29 PM']all right guys thanks for your help, ive just recently got back into jamiroquai big time...

i love the first three albums best...zender is good :)

thanks again

marcus[/quote]

They are classics, though don't rule out Dynamite, there are some great grooves on there :huh:.

I've loved almost everything Jay Kay has produced, Stuarts' stuff on the early albums is of course outstanding, but to be honest, I've liked every album since he left. Dynamite is a top album for instance.

Anyone else looking forward to the Warwick Zender sig bass coming out in the next year or two?

[quote name='Rayman' post='271925' date='Aug 28 2008, 05:43 PM']I've loved almost everything Jay Kay has produced, Stuarts' stuff on the early albums is of course outstanding, but to be honest, I've liked every album since he left. Dynamite is a top album for instance.

Anyone else looking forward to the Warwick Zender sig bass coming out in the next year or two?[/quote]

cant wait to see that sig warwick, wonder which itll be, the white one?, the chrome one, on the triangle one???

i love the early stuff best, but i really like synkronized too, and the rest...

hopefully theyll put sum new stuff out soon, and tour again :)

[quote name='Rayman' post='271925' date='Aug 28 2008, 05:43 PM']I've loved almost everything Jay Kay has produced, Stuarts' stuff on the early albums is of course outstanding, but to be honest, I've liked every album since he left. Dynamite is a top album for instance.

Anyone else looking forward to the Warwick Zender sig bass coming out in the next year or two?[/quote]

Yeah same here, I know a few people who lost interest after Zender left. Don't see what was wrong with Nick Fyffe at all though, for example Canned Heat has some great lines in it, fit the song perfectly IMO.

A Zender signature eh??

Hmm the 1 in my avatar perhaps?

[quote name='joe_bass' post='272260' date='Aug 29 2008, 09:18 AM']Yeah same here, I know a few people who lost interest after Zender left. Don't see what was wrong with Nick Fyffe at all though, for example Canned Heat has some great lines in it, fit the song perfectly IMO.[/quote]

Nick Fyfee was a decent bass player, but didn't have Zender's flare or imagination. Most of the bass on Synkronized is keyboard bass anyway, he joined the band when the album was nearly complete, I think Canned Heat is one of those lines, I have an interview with Nick Fyfee somewhere where he talks about it.

[quote name='gilmour' post='272270' date='Aug 29 2008, 09:27 AM']Nick Fyfee was a decent bass player, but didn't have Zender's flare or imagination. Most of the bass on Synkronized is keyboard bass anyway, he joined the band when the album was nearly complete, I think Canned Heat is one of those lines, I have an interview with Nick Fyfee somewhere where he talks about it.[/quote]

Yeah I can appreciate he didn't quite have Zender's vibe but the way some people speak you would have thought they replaced Stuart with Mark Hoppus lol.

Interesting about the keyboard bass, I'll have a hunt on Google when it hopefully gets quiet here later (work.)

[quote name='joe_bass' post='272282' date='Aug 29 2008, 09:37 AM']Yeah I can appreciate he didn't quite have Zender's vibe but the way sovme people speak you would have thought they replaced Stuart with Mark Hoppus lol.

Interesting about the keyboard bass, I'll have a hunt on Google when it hopefully gets quiet here later (work.)[/quote]

Yup, SZ was always going to be a hard act to follow, he was loved by the fans for more than just his playing.

I've just dug out the interview, fortunatley I'd been working on a transcription from the magazine so it was at the top of my pile (hence the thought being on the forefront of my mind). The interview is in Bassist Magazine, Summer 1999, it has a picture of Flea on the Front. To paraphrase Nick Fyffe him...

[quote name='Nick Fyffe in Bassist Magazine' date='Summer 1999']"I recorded seven tracks, four of which were on the album...The rest of the album is keyboard bass, which is the sound they were going for..."[/quote]