Why become a member? ×

"FEELER" Warwick thumb through neck (with pics)(DONT THINK I CAN DO THIS YET)

dabootsy

I have an immaculate warwick thumb 4 string through neck which is my pride and joy but i have a hanckering for something else but have no money
This bass has been waxed every other week and been cherished
I will sort photos but at the moment this is definately a FEELER only as i am not sure if i can part with it

I would like a trade so let me see what you have got

I know that warick seem to be out of vogue at the moment for some strange reason but there you go

Edited by dabootsy

'If' you do decide to part with your Thumb be sure to indicate the year of manufacture and don't forget to stick it on the Warwick forum (warwick.de/forum), it is in English so don't worry about the .de

Saying that there are a couple for sale on there but one or two have sold of late... depending on what you want for it you may be able to undercut the couple advertised :)

Best of luck if you do go ahead!

[quote name='Stockholm Syndrome' post='272884' date='Aug 29 2008, 10:51 PM']It looks like the fingerboard is ebony....am I right, or are my eyes fooling me? The usual wood from that period used in the fingerboards are wenge.

What about a straight out sale?[/quote]

You must have better eyes than me :) The fingerboard looks a fairly uniform brown which without a close up could well be Wenge OR Ebony... just buy it any way :huh:

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='272890' date='Aug 30 2008, 12:02 AM']You must have better eyes than me :) The fingerboard looks a fairly uniform brown which without a close up could well be Wenge OR Ebony... just buy it any way :huh:[/quote]
I didn't see the grain pattern typical for wenge...perhaps it's just the low resolution of the pic?

If this has got the right price, then maybe, just maybe :wub:

Edited by Stockholm Syndrome

[quote name='dabootsy' post='273066' date='Aug 30 2008, 12:18 PM']hi guys thanks for the interest, i am gigging with it tonight so i will have a better idea of what i want to do

cheers all[/quote]
Eagerly awaiting decision!

BTW, can you confirm what wood the fingerboard is made of?

Edited by Stockholm Syndrome

SORRY FOR TAKING SOME TIME OVER THIS BUT IT IS A BIG DECISION AS I WANTED A THUMB FOR ABOUT 10 YEARS BEFORE I HAD IT SO I AM STILL UNSURE
I WILL LET YOU KNOW WHAT DECISION I MAKE AS SOON AS I DO
I KNOW THIS MAY SOUND A BIT SAD BUT IF I REGRET IT I KNOW I WONT BE ABLE TO AFFORD ANOTHER ONE

THE NECK IS WENGE I BELIEVE

ALL THE BEST