Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

First world dilemma

bassist_lewis

So I got my Callowhill MPB two weeks ago and I've done a couple of gigs with it, it does everything I need, it's comfortable to play, it sounds great. It's pretty much usurped my previous first call bass, my Clover, which I've used almost exclusively for the last 5 years. My dilemma is: should I keep my clover or sell it on? I've only played it once in the last 2 weeks and that was only to demonstrate it to a friend, and I dont like the idea of going between two different scale basses. I'm thinking I could get a cheap-ish short scale back up bass... or another callowhill!
Any thoughts?

It pretty much depends on whether you have any emotional attachment to the Clover or not. If you do, you will probably regret selling it. If you don't, you will probably still regret selling it... ;) I'd say if you can afford to keep it, then keep it, at least for a bit longer or until you're 100% sure about the Callowhill. You may find that you favour the Clover again when the novelty of the Callowhill wears off, which it's bound to - at least to a certain extent. :)

Edited by discreet

I wouldn't change anything after only two weeks. When you get something new it is great and you use it all the time. After a couple of months when the novelty wears off, you may find that you still prefer the other one. So if there is no pressing financial reason to get rid of it, keep it for those few months to see which one wins out in the long term