Why become a member? ×

Withdrawn: Westone Thunder 1A
£190

Grangur

It's time to cull the herd. Mrs G is getting narked at the collection. So here goes a really nice example of a Westone Thunder 1A from the Matsumoku factory in Japan. This is a great piece of history, but I'd let it go for £150.

This is a precision bass with original pickups; with adjustable cores to the pickups, to allow you to adjust the sound to your taste.

This is an active bass and the electrics are the originals with the exception of the one of the battery connectors, which I've replaced. The switches and pots all work well.

There are no real dings or scrapes to tell you about with the exception of a small worn patch in the lacquer above the pups. There's no buckle rash or anything.

The strings are good and it's nicely set up. It comes in a "home made" case that was made by the original owner. The lining is a bit moth-eaten, but it's pretty solid and does the job well; not that I'd call it a "flight case".

The weight of this is about "medium" really. It weighs 4.3Kg. That's 9.48lb in old money. It sits well on the strap without any neck dive and doesn't break your back.

Thanks for looking. The pics aren't the greatest. I might try to get some better ones soon. If you want pics of anything in particular just post below and I'll be pleased to get you the best ones I can.

For those reading in black and white, I live on the Herts/Essex border but do travel about and might be able to deliver. I'm also happy to ship it. Payment by cash or bank transfer prefered.

More pics [url="http://s1175.photobucket.com/user/Grangur/library/BC-pics/Basses%20for%20sale/Westone?sort=3&page=1"]here[/url]

Or please enjoy the thumbs below.

Edited by Grangur

[quote name='sbrag' timestamp='1434182113' post='2797343']
That's a nice example of a thunder 1a and rich is a gent to deal with. have a bump.
[/quote]

Many thanks Steve. Although I've just taken this to the Herts Bass Bash.... and fallen in love with it again in the incredible sound of this in the larger room.

Withdrawn!

• 1 month later...