Why become a member? ×

OLP MM3 5 String **Traded**
£175

Rumple

Up for sale is my OLP MM3, I've had it for years and it cost a lot less than buying a MM SR5! I really like the neck on this bass and at one point I took the bass apart with the view to using the neck on a project and selling the body, since then I have acquired another neck for the project.

When reassembling the bass I shimmed the neck and put a bit of extra foam under the pickup and it now has a nice low action.

Passive VVT Electronics. The colour is really hard to photograph as it looks slightly different depending on the light, I'd describe it as metallic teal, a kinda green/blue, it has a matching headstock, there is a ding on the bottom edge of the body but apart from that it's in pretty good shape.

It's strung with Status Half Rounds at the moment, they came off a bass with a 3+2 headstock so just about fit, they have been on there for a few weeks now with no problems at all but you might want to change them if you are gigging the bass or hate Half Wounds :)

As it stands I have no spare hard case, gig bag or packing material so [b]collection only[/b] from SE London or I could meet up in Central London or Clapham Junction.

£175.00

Trade wise there's not a lot I'm after but I might consider a white Telecaster guitar, Jazz bass body, Hipshot Ultralite tuners. quality MM style 5 string pickup.

[attachment=194117:OLP lr.jpg] [attachment=194170:P1010361 lr.jpg] [attachment=194171:P1010363 lr.jpg]

Edited by Rumple

[quote name='Oopsdabassist' timestamp='1434361111' post='2798832']
Hmmm Love the colour, shame its a maple neck..how much does it weigh, any idea?
[/quote]

It's even nicer in the flesh :)

Using the slightly non scientific method of weighing myself with and without the bass I make it bang on 9lbs, so reasonably light.

[quote name='Oopsdabassist' timestamp='1434362999' post='2798852']
Wow that was quick tnx. Just have to ponder that maple neck a bit....
[/quote]

One benefit of working from home!

[quote name='Steff' timestamp='1434622853' post='2801220']
Very tempting... Have a bump on me while I think about it, I was after a maple neck for my SR5 for a long time and couldn't find one...
[/quote]

I had a OLP MM3 SR5 in natural with a full maple neck and fretboard...such a great bass. Kinda miss it now. Some one will get a lovely bass here....

Can you be tempted by a trade rumple , Part exing my semi telecaster 6 string copy its a nice player branded aleisi Ii'd planned to use it for a project but its too nice a player for me to cut to pieces its had fresh set of strings and setup by our guitarist who actually really likes it and was convinced i'd spent much more on it than i had.

Part ex with some cash your way ?

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v293/synthaside/IMG_20141211_004658_zpslk8hnwp0.jpg[/IMG]

claws off the status telebass though ;-)