Why become a member? ×

My bands tracks. We just finished.

Thunderpaws

Good evening.

Here is the link to our stuff we have just put up on Soundcloud. We recorded, wrote (the vast majority, 2 covers), recorded, mixed and mastered it all ourselves. We have had great fun doing it and are now writing for the next batch.

www.soundcloud.com/sulasula-1

For my bass recording, most of the songs were D.I. From my Genz Streamliner 600. Three were right to the desk from my bass. A G&L L2000. There are three guitars and drums. We messed up the drums, especially the snare, but it is the first time we have done it so they aren't too shabby.

Most importantly we have had a blast doing it and it has got us out of the house on a Tuesday night, to Paul's Halls in Cumbernauld where we rehearse. Now looking to do a gig in July before baby number 2 arrives.

Anyway, please listen and enjoy our tunes if you are into our style.

Cherry bye
Garry

Good evening, Garry...

Duly listened to and enjoyed, as requested. No, don't thank me; it was easy. Good songs, refreshingly original and in the main, very well executed. Not sure I agree about the drums; for my part I found them to be the best from the recording/mixing point of view. It's difficult to write for 3 guitars and get them to behave, stay in place, be supportive yet distinctive, and the bass, although well played, seems to get buried in the mix, mostly. Still, no complaints, the result is a very honest and authentic production which you may all be proud of. Well done to all involved.

Thanks folks. Means a lot to hear the opinion of experienced musicians, or even interested listeners. The mastered stuff comes across better, especially from the bass side of things. Soundcloud seems to loose some of the detail.

As I said, it's been fun and we are learning. We only meet every 2 or 3 weeks so it's been kept fresh as well as making some excellent progress. We are full of ideas and no one is boss. All good.