Why become a member? ×

WITHDRAWN. Trace Elliot AH250 GP11 MK V £175
£225

Now £185!
Nice example of Trace Elliot's flagship. 250watts into 4 ohms. Heavy, but it has a transformer unlike the new design Class D powerful pocket amps where a module replacement can cost hundreds. Although these new amps are superb, I feel there's something missing without the punch of a transformer (thats just me)
Footswitch enables On/Off of Eq and Cut.
Any trial welcome.a

Can post UK mainland for £12 Edited by geoff90guitar

This model was one of the top amps in the 90's, it would drive anything. Since the new design Class D powerful pocket amps have come on the scene, the trend has become to ignore an amp with a transformer and buy one of these new lightweights. Trouble is, with the new lightweights you have to spend a fortune on the speaker set up to match the power output.
With the traditional Trace, you only need a nice simple designed cab or cabs, without the necessity for watts. Try one of these amps with a transformer in it and you'll realise you had forgot what the drive was like.

This looks just like the one I sold to Witterth on here. A very clean example, as was mine. Only sold because I also had the earlier Mark IV version, which is still going strong today. Superb amps these.

[quote name='Bobby K' timestamp='1433068338' post='2787425']
This looks just like the one I sold to Witterth on here. A very clean example, as was mine. Only sold because I also had the earlier Mark IV version, which is still going strong today. Superb amps these.
[/quote]

Yeah, I had the mk IV version too, which I used for nearly 20 years with no problems at all. Very loud too for the quoted 250 watts, so don't let that put anyone off - these are easily as loud as many modern 500+ watt amps.

I miss mine a lot. Even though they are heavy, the excellent handle makes carrying them pretty easy...

I'm kind of tempted... :gas: :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Loud, clear and old Trace Watts, yes old Trace Watts. Don't laugh, just as loud as the TH500 through a 400w load. Wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't had both together. Although the TH500 was loud and creamy, it didn't have the poke and projection of this old model Trace. TH500 now gone, I'm left with the beast, it's too bloody heavy for me now so it's got to go.