USA Lakland 55-94 (Deluxe) SOLD
£1750

paulie

Made in 2004
Flame maple finish over an ash body
Birdseye maple neck.

Bartolini pickups and preamp

Weight approx. 9lbs and 9ounces

Stunning bass, signed at the headstock by Dan Lakin.
one small knick in the lacquer at the back from a belt buckle but that's the only thing.

Neck feels like a pre CBS!

Can arrange fully insured courier, have hardcase and outer box and packing materials.

Thanks

Edited by paulie

Well spotted. Straplock screw now sorted.

What I mean by pre CBS is the feel and the shallow profile. Feels like an old friend, broke in and the profile feels really easy to play. Unlike say a 78 Fender where the neck's more chunky and the lacquered finish can sometimes feel sticky.
US laklands seem to nail that old feel, their instruments feel as if the neck has been broken in already before they ship out of the factory. Alleva Coppllo basses come close but not quite as good IMHO!

[quote name='paulie' timestamp='1431687255' post='2773945']
Well spotted. Straplock screw now sorted.

What I mean by pre CBS is the feel and the shallow profile. Feels like an old friend, broke in and the profile feels really easy to play. Unlike say a 78 Fender where the neck's more chunky and the lacquered finish can sometimes feel sticky.
US laklands seem to nail that old feel, their instruments feel as if the neck has been broken in already before they ship out of the factory. Alleva Coppllo basses come close but not quite as good IMHO!
[/quote]

My pleasure, I have a keen eye for these things and I really don't know a reason for spotting it with all this eye candy- I ought to be ashamed really.

That neck sounds to die for and especially for a 5'er!!!
Normally I don't mind a chunky neck on a 4 string, with having big hands but on a 5: with the wide neck, you sometimes need something thin and fast to play on- so this sounds a dream to play.

If I win the lottery tomorrow, I'll drop you a message, but otherwise I wish you all the best with the sale.

BSB :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...