Why become a member? ×

OLP MM2 wiring diagram?

budget bassist

Hi, would anyone be able to get hold of an OLP MM2 (standard 1 pickup 4 string stingray copy) wiring diagram for me please? I bought a control plate and pickup off ebay and i'm getting a body soon and i'm not too sure where the pickup wires went (maybe kevbass could chime in with some help?).

I'm also planning on rewiring it to a side mounted jack because the body has a hole for one, it's also routed for two pickups and i plan on making use of that and adding a pickup blend knob into there too... Any help with that would be appreciated. I'm also considering just using a separate volume knob for each pickup rather than volume and blend if it might be easier.

Also does anyone know what the current configuration for the control plate is? Is it volume bass treble or volume volume treble? Sounds weird but i believe a tone pot is just a volume pot with a capacitor? And there's only one capacitor in there. I might just rewire the whole thing to be honest, can it be that difficult?

[quote name='budget bassist' post='266758' date='Aug 21 2008, 01:31 AM']Hi, would anyone be able to get hold of an OLP MM2 (standard 1 pickup 4 string stingray copy) wiring diagram for me please? I bought a control plate and pickup off ebay and i'm getting a body soon and i'm not too sure where the pickup wires went (maybe kevbass could chime in with some help?).

I'm also planning on rewiring it to a side mounted jack because the body has a hole for one, it's also routed for two pickups and i plan on making use of that and adding a pickup blend knob into there too... Any help with that would be appreciated. I'm also considering just using a separate volume knob for each pickup rather than volume and blend if it might be easier.

Also does anyone know what the current configuration for the control plate is? Is it volume bass treble or volume volume treble? Sounds weird but i believe a tone pot is just a volume pot with a capacitor? And there's only one capacitor in there. I might just rewire the whole thing to be honest, can it be that difficult?[/quote]

I can't speak with all certainty about the MM2, but my MM3 (before I mucked about with it) was wired V V T. Separate volumes for each half of the humbucker.