Why become a member? ×

Thomastiks at DV247 for £30.30 - !!!

Chiliwailer

[quote name='MiltyG565' timestamp='1433246906' post='2789294']
If these strings were considered to be worth less than what they're usually sold at, there wouldn't be so much excitement around them being sold for £30.
[/quote]

But there is quite a difference between £47, what they usually go for, and £30. Hence the excitement. I'm also puzzled how (or why) Thomann have that price.
(perhaps they're Dekos :lol: )

They also have 32" scale at a similar price. I recently got a set from Bassdirect because (i) not many stock this size. (ii) they bothered to quote the silk to ball length. These (32") are obviously designed for a 2+2 head and not a 4 in a line, so the E has 1/2 turn of sounding length on the post. (minor rant over!)

[quote name='miles'tone' timestamp='1433322994' post='2790018']
No way it will cost Thomann £10 to post some strings, therefore they most probably receive £35-36 for each set.
I wonder if they are just selling them at cost that way?
[/quote]

They won't be selling at cost. They'll be making a profit. It's beyond me exactly how they are managing it, though.

[quote name='pfretrock' timestamp='1433337069' post='2790192']
But there is quite a difference between £47, what they usually go for, and £30. Hence the excitement. I'm also puzzled how (or why) Thomann have that price.
(perhaps they're Dekos :lol: )
[/quote]

It doesn't make sense for them to have that price, even if they are buying them cheaper than everyone else. Even if they sold them for £35 a set, with their £10 postage, they're still more competitive that anyone in the local market can afford to be.

And thanks for confirming my point about the excitement of them being £30 :)

• 1 month later...