Why become a member? ×

Hello

hitchy64

Hello to all of you, i'm Ian from Crewe in Cheshire and i'v been playing for a year and a half now. I have been wanting to get a bass for the last 20 years, but my love of motorbikes has always got in the way. Anyway, i promised the wife we would have the back garden professionaly landscaped, so the bike has gone and i kept some dosh back for me :) I did have a starter pack off ebay, you know, bass,amp,lead,etc. not bad for the money. I now have a Mexican Fender delux Jazz Bass and Ashdown electric blue 180, 1x15 combo. I have been having lessons for a while now and would love to get in a band, but fear i may have left it too late, i'm 44 now. Anyway, enough rambling, i hope to get some tips off you guys on here . Cheers Hitchy

Hey Hitchy, welcome, nice gear too - Ashdown and a Jazz - you can't go far wrong with that. You're never too old to rock & roll though mush, why not try one of the band members wanted websites such as [url="http://www.formingbands.co.uk/site/index.php"]Forming Bands[/url] and I'm sure others will tell you better ones. Good idea on the lessons too, I had my first after 25 years playing last week and I'm (only :) ) 38!

Edited by johnnylager

Welcome to BC.

[quote name='hitchy64' post='266321' date='Aug 20 2008, 02:38 PM']I have been having lessons for a while now and would love to get in a band, but fear i may have left it too late, i'm 44 now. Anyway, enough rambling, i hope to get some tips off you guys on here . Cheers Hitchy[/quote]

Maybe for some originals bands, the ones still daydreaming about TOTP anyway, can be be incredibly ageist, but for covers and functions bands age is mostly irrelevant.

Get with some guys around your age who just want to jam. They may be crap, they may be not, you never know who is gonna contact you if you put an ad in the right place.

Edited by AndyMartin

Definitely never too old to start playing with other people (oo er missus!) - have a scout around your local music shops & rehearsal studios & see if there's other like minded people out there.

Loads of web based resources for finding other musicians locally - might be a little daunting at first but worth the effort & you may just find you're better than the people with 'experience' :)