Why become a member? ×

where can you buy replacement horns from

igloobuilding

Hi, I have an Ampeg B-410HLF, recently I have had a problem with the horn, it keeps making a really nasty sounds that cuts in and out. Therefore I think I might need to replace the horn, can anyone help me? I dont know what horn is in the cab or where I can buy a new one from? also can you buy ampeg horns or are they made by another Manufacturer?

If anyone can help please let me know

Thanks

Ian

• 2 weeks later...

Could be something giving up in the crossover circuit, if it has one. It's often just an inductor and a couple of caps, but they can get dry joints on them due to their mass and the bassy vibration. Reflow the solder joints and stick the big things down with hot glue to prevent it happening again.

Sounds like a crossover component problem if you have extraneous noises.
If your horn loaded tweeter is blown, you'd have no sound from it. And if that's the case, if yours is a common horn loaded tweeter design, you can pick up a replacement diaphragm for about USD$25. This is a easy field replacement that most people can do themselves.

[quote name='MoonBassAlpha' post='271521' date='Aug 28 2008, 09:05 AM']Could be something giving up in the crossover circuit, if it has one. It's often just an inductor and a couple of caps, but they can get dry joints on them due to their mass and the bassy vibration. Reflow the solder joints and stick the big things down with hot glue to prevent it happening again.[/quote]

Thats what I thought originally, I have had the horn replace to see if it is the horn but it seems to be still doing it. I think it must be the amount of air pressure that is knocking a connection on the back plate