Why become a member? ×

Yamaha bass

badboy1984

IIRC those Yamaha's retailed at £299 about 10 years ago. So 2nd hand value, even for a minter wouldn't be much more than £150. I'd keep the Fender (it's worth considerably more. You'd be getting done somewhat in a trade)

[quote name='badboy1984' timestamp='1427278490' post='2728102']
Another guy offer to trade his Tune 6 string lined fretless bass for my Fender. I assume is a straight swap, I know Tune bass is not cheap and the early one is made in japan i think.
[/quote]

I had a Tune fretless for a while, it was a great bass.

Thing with Tune basses is that their are two companies called Tune making bass guitars... One is a quality Japanese manufacturer and the other is Korean based and makes slightly lower prices instruments. The one I had was Korean.

Very different beasts a Tune fretless sixer and a Fender, that's quite a trade...

Edited by CamdenRob

[quote name='badboy1984' timestamp='1427279276' post='2728120']
I will see how it goes. I guess the dude don't get on with fretless and 6 string and would prefer a fender jazz.
[/quote]

I would say they are two basses of comparable second hand price... although a Fender would be a lot easier to shift obviously so would be more valuable IMHO.

[quote name='badboy1984' timestamp='1427300260' post='2728573']
After some research. More like this one

[url="http://www.vsnguitars.com/tune-twx62-sw-6-string-bass-snow-white-finish/"]http://www.vsnguitar...w-white-finish/[/url]
[/quote]

Looks good...

You could always have it re-fretted but it will cost obviously... also this will be much harder to sell than a fender should you change your mind.

I'd have to swap out that gold hardware though!