Why become a member? ×

Barefaced Midget - GenII **NOW SOLD**
£400

BassBod

This is a Gen II non- tweeter version. Metal grill, one speakon connector, all feet and handles in place and otherwise as new condition. Comes with Roqsolid cover, with red piping.

Very powerful sound but weighs just a bit over 20lbs.

Pickup and cash on collection please from Bristol/Bath area.

Happy to answer any questions - send a PM?

[attachment=186885:IMG_0946.jpg][attachment=186886:IMG_0951.jpg]

Edited by BassBod

I'm In the market for a lightweight cab or combo to use mainly for double bass. I'm trying to understand the differences with various cabs. So what is the difference with this one and the current Gen 3 Super Midget?

They now have their own drivers made to spec...for Gen II they used the best off the shelf versions. This Gen II Midget is a bit less refined in its performance, with a slight mid-range emphasis. The handle design has also been changed, although with a cab this light it's been fine for me. Hope that helps.

I've used the Midget for double bass/ EUB. It's not my favourite as it takes a bit of eq to stop it being too middly. All depends on amp, preamp, pickup and strings. I had similar experiences with Euphonic Audio stuff.

oh to have some spare cash. I don't need this but I'm really keen to try the Compact/Midget pairing, despite the fact my Compact is loud enough on its own. GLWTS, have a bump.

I did get to try the Midget/Compact pairing a few weeks ago. Very impressive, but I really would never need that sort of capability. You could hear they were voiced to compliment each other, and using a stereo power amp lets you balance them to taste. Tone tweek heaven