Why become a member? ×

Fender Japan JV Squier Precision Bass May 83' Plus case *WITHDRAWN*
£675

geoff90guitar

Please see [url="http://s1355.photobucket.com/user/geoff90guitar/library/Fender%20Japan%20JV%20Squier%20Precision%201983?sort=3&page=1"]http://s1355.photobu...3?sort=3&page=1[/url]

[color=#000000][font=Helvetica][size=3]You don't see many in this colour, rather classy. This bass has been with me for the last 15 years or so. At one point, while I had this white JV, I bought two further Precisions from a guy who used to run what is now PMT in Birmingham - a pre CBS and an early 70's. After bum, bum and comparing, this bass came out on top. Every time I've tried something else (we're all looking for the chalice) I always fell back onto this bass.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Helvetica][size=3]However, it's time to sell. I owe my mom a lot of money since purchasing a pre Ernie recently.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Helvetica][size=3]Now, as most of you know this is the early series Fender Squier, nothing like Squier guitars today, made generally anywhere. There's plenty of info on the web about the original JV Squier range.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Helvetica][size=3]Also some of you know that a pristine condition guitar is generally one that is picked up, played for a short while and then put back under the bed because it sounds crap.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Helvetica][size=3]This bass has been used on many gigs. The marks are rock n'roll, theres no splits it the wood etc. All original except the replaced pickups which are now Fender Original Precision bass 62 USA vintage reissue. The neck has a great feel. Truss rod, tuners, frets and controls are fine. The bass has a thick sound more rocky than Micky Mouse. It's warm with string volume balanced across the four strings no toppy G & D.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Helvetica][size=3]Weight - a nice [/size][/font][/color][font="Helvetica"][color="#000000"][size=3]8lbs + 1oz.[/size][/color][/font]

[color=#000000][font=Helvetica][size=3]Reluctant sale and comes with hard case as shown.[/size][/font][/color]
[font=Helvetica][color=#000000][size=3]PS Could somebody kindly open up the main overall picture please, I can't show it?[/size][/color][/font]

[font=Helvetica][color=#000000][size=3]Geoff[/size][/color][/font]

Edited by geoff90guitar

I've added a sub folder in the photoshop link called JV family of 4. Again, I don't know how to display it on this page. I've previously sold two of them. I'm left with the White and black Precisions. The White Precision is the one up for sale now. The black one is back in the pantry because it needs a refret.

I have been asked a few times if I could take the pickups out of the black JV Precision of the same era that needs a refret and swap them with the White one.
I suppose I could if someone was serious about this but
1. I don't like messing with them unnecessarily
2. I think the original USA vintage 62 pickup has more clout.