Why become a member? ×

Sandberg California TT 4 active, white £650 SOLD
£730

mr.noisy

Hey guys,

Once again with big sadness I am trying to sell my super jazz made by Sandberg. This is California TT, active, with Delano pick ups.

It was bought by my friend from The Gallery in Camden and then I did a swap with him for my Lakland, and I wish I could keep it, but I just decided to finally get myself a decent combo, went to The Gallery and came back with Markbass combo and empty bank account, so this have to go.

Here is a link to the bass on The Gallery website [url="http://thebassgallery.com/ca-tt4-5029.html"]http://thebassgaller...a-tt4-5029.html[/url]
It is in really great nick, it has just a few very small marks at the back, and I mean VERY small. + missing S from the logo on the headstock after I picked it up from the shop.

[s]£800 at The Gallery, I am willing to negotiate the price in case of a direct deal. [/s] Got it back. I'm broke, £650 and it's yours.
I can deliver it personally within London area, or I can deliver outside London within, let's say 150 miles for some extra petrol money (not much though), and halfway meet up is an option too. It will be in a Ritter gig bag that is a bit tatty and has a small hole where the bottom strap lock goes because it was used a lot, still usable though.

[s]Trades: thinking about some 5 or 6 strings basses with a narrow spacing, preferably Warwicks (no Corvettes though, sorry).[/s] NO TRADES
Cheers!

Here are some pictures, please mind that the marks on the chrome hardware are just a fingerprints that can be polished out in a second with a cloth.

Edited by mr.noisy

Cool, I'll wait for the details. Sure we could meet up, but the thing is that at the beginning of april I am getting another instalment of my student loan, and might go to part time job from next week and that means my financial situation will get back to more comfortable and I might just keep the Sandberg as it is a superior Jazz and after my recent amp acquisition I am very close to be overdrawn and that is the only reason I am thinking about shifting the Sandberg.

So, I got the job and I am almost sure that this will be withdrawn within a week or two, but for now, I am happy to listen to some trade offers. Could do a straight trade too, so hit me up with something, you never know! This Sandberg is a hell of a jazz bass! Any Warwicks? Always wanted to have a streamer, or thumb (no corvettes though i'm afraid, I had two of them before) Or anything else? Maybe some 5 or 6 string basses with a narrow string spacing?

Edited by mr.noisy

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't bump it for a while because after I picked up the bass I noticed one little (but important) defect. The bass is missing 'S' on the headstock logo making it one of a kind andberg bass. A bit of a silly situation, I didn't look at the bass at all when I was picking it up and got it out of gig bag at home and there it was. I contacted the shop and they got back to me that they will contact Sandberg and see if they will be able to sort it out, but it was a week ago and I don't know how long it will take for them to do something with it. Here is the pic of the headstock

so, that's the only thing that needs to be added now to few very small marks on the back of the body. Apart from that the bass is in excellent condition with nice and low action and exceptional german built quality.

And because I received my student loan 2 days ago, and spent half of it one day ago on american vintage 64 jazz, this one definitely needs to go now to fill a bit of the massive hole in my budget, and a new price 650 quid which is about half price what it sells brand new, not going any more down I'm afraid, and no trades at all. Will shot few good quality pics tomorrow, and I am giving it a week more here before it will hit ebay, gumtree and anything else.

[quote name='mr.noisy' timestamp='1428568489' post='2742423']
This topic lacks a typical 'if it was a fiver i'd have it!' or 'if it was a sunburst i'd have it!' or 'if it only had that S in the logo i'd have it!' bump!
[/quote]

I have the same bass in a sunburst fiver with the S on the logo that I'm considering parting with, if anyone does quote all of the above then please send them my way!

Edited by dannybuoy

Haha, I will certainly point them in the right direction then.

By the way, PLEASE DO NOT SEND ME ANY TRADE OFFERS, I clearly stated that it is SALE ONLY because I am broke after buying a new bass, and still I am receiving offers for trade demanding cash from me.