Why become a member? ×

Loop pedal with blend and feedback?

elephantgrey

Is it possible to have a loop pedal that both can feedback the signal onto itself, as well as adding a clean blend?

Im sorry if this is a stupid question, but im unsure (electronically speaking) what the difference between a blend and a feedback is, they both seam to link the send and return from the effects, im unsure that stops the signal going wither way (stops a blend pedal feeding back the signal, or a feedback loop adding clean).

Many thanks for any help.

[quote name='Gareth Hughes' timestamp='1425600325' post='2709070']
It sure is. Check this out: [url="http://www.guitarplayer.com/miscellaneous/1139/barge-concepts-vfb-2-variable-feedback-amp-blend-bypass-looper/11725"]http://www.guitarpla...ss-looper/11725[/url]
[/quote]

This is the one I use but I don't think they make them any more

The blend side blends the clean signal in with whatever effects are in the loop. The feedback side takes some of the output of the effects loop and feeds it back into the input of the effects loop, creating weird oscillations etc.

I love my feedback loop. If you have a good bit of dirt in the loop, a wah pedal will act like a pitch shifter for the feedback weeeeeeeeee. If you have a delay it'll go mental. I particularly like my whammy set to an octave up, so that the pitch of the note seems to get higher and higher (very fast), it creates massive sounds!