Why become a member? ×

Advise please

Darcy

[attachment=12130:DSCF2284.JPG]

From the left.

1st A Moon (Japan) custom Jazz bass with Bart pick ups and active electronics (dont ask the the model)

2nd Fender 75 re-issue (previous owner had it painted gold and added Sadowsky actives. I added the Badass).

3rd Bitsa No name body, All Parts neck, Badass bridge and Schaller stacked pick ups.

The Moon, the output is Far to low compared to the other 2? no internal trim pots to adjust. The Fender Perfect. The Bitsa, output wise, as loud as the Fender but far far far to bassy. They all have different sounds but I wanted 1 as a spare to the Fender so what do you reckon.

1. Replace the Bitsa pick ups with ones matching the Fender and get Sadowsky actives fitted?

2. Anything to sort the Moon to match the Fender?

Oh in the back ground a AllParts body and Squier modifed fretless necked bass (to scared to play live), a Epiphone Les Paul (Sorry a 6 string thing) and the Yamaha is my Daughters.

I think it would take a little electronic investigation to make sense of the Moon situation - to see whether it's the pickups or the active circuit. For example, it may require bypassing the circuit and running the pickups passively, if there isn't already an active/passive switch.

Nice Collection

Particularly like the offset PU arrangement in the MOON allmost a Hendrix Voodoo thing and something ive been wondering about ....

Love the block inlays on goldie

Have you tried adusting the Pickup height at all ?

The obvious is Battery Change but presume thats been done

Circuit may have internal trim pot or cross head adjustment for level / gain

v8

:)