Why become a member? ×

Status Energy

jmanfunk

[quote name='Roo' post='281911' date='Sep 11 2008, 03:12 PM']Hey I was just wondering what the control configuration was, it's passive right?[/quote]

[quote name='BassManKev' post='281914' date='Sep 11 2008, 03:16 PM']this will be active, its master volume, volume pan between pickups, and a special tone shape knob if its anything like my wooden energy was[/quote]

Kev is indeed right; it is active with a volume, blend and special tone shape (takes the edge off nicely) control layout.

[quote name='BassManKev' post='282779' date='Sep 12 2008, 04:56 PM']are you sure?? im fairly confident its not just a treble control.... but then again im crazy :)[/quote]

That makes two of us Kev. I had a look at the brochures over on Statii.com and it simply says "pick-up balance, master volume and tone control"

The bass is still available by the way :huh:

[quote name='mathewsanchez' post='283076' date='Sep 13 2008, 10:16 AM']Anyone got an idea how much it would cost or if it is indeed possible to defret a graphite neck?[/quote]

I did this to mine.... sort of....

I asked Rob - he advised that to strip the lacquer, put a new board on, then re-lacquer it took ages and in fact would be about the same money as a new neck.

So I got a new neck for it instead - it was £395 fitted.

The neck neck also has a truss rod. (not that I needed one on the older one)

It is now my fave bass.

[quote name='fretmeister' post='284273' date='Sep 15 2008, 02:40 PM']I did this to mine.... sort of...

I asked Rob - he advised that to strip the lacquer, put a new board on, then re-lacquer it took ages and in fact would be about the same money as a new neck.

So I got a new neck for it instead - it was £395 fitted.

The neck neck also has a truss rod. (not that I needed one on the older one)

It is now my fave bass.[/quote]

A new neck would be my recommendation as well. Actually its giving me ideas :huh: Fretmeister, that p-pup is an ineresting mod too. I could do without the sticker though :)

The sticker has been removed now!! :)

There is a vol, tone and separate output jack for the Seymour QP - I run that into a second amp.

It sounds lovely indeed.

I am half-way tempted by getting this one though - I have 3 Energy basses - 1 fretted 4, 1 fretless 4, 1 fretted 5. All modded like the fretless.

But I fancy a 4 that is tuned BEAD as well....

[quote name='fretmeister' post='286018' date='Sep 17 2008, 04:24 PM']The sticker has been removed now!! :)

There is a vol, tone and separate output jack for the Seymour QP - I run that into a second amp.

It sounds lovely indeed.

I am half-way tempted by getting this one though - I have 3 Energy basses - 1 fretted 4, 1 fretless 4, 1 fretted 5. All modded like the fretless.

But I fancy a 4 that is tuned BEAD as well....[/quote]

I bet that bi-amped signal sounds the mutts. Did you do the mods yourself? And a fat Low B would compliment your collection nicely indeed :huh:

[quote name='mathewsanchez' post='283076' date='Sep 13 2008, 10:16 AM']Anyone got an idea how much it would cost or if it is indeed possible to defret a graphite neck?[/quote]

If you're still looking for a bargain Status fretless, then check out my S1 [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=27836"]here[/url]

Regds :)

Jim

[quote name='jmanfunk' post='286315' date='Sep 17 2008, 11:10 PM']I bet that bi-amped signal sounds the mutts. Did you do the mods yourself? And a fat Low B would compliment your collection nicely indeed :)[/quote]

Nah - I got ArrowheadGuitars / Paul_C (of this forum) to do the mods on all my basses.

I'm a liability with a router.

The bi-amped signal is awesome.

The Rig of Doom Mk1:

Then I went to the Rig of Doom GT:

and I'm currently building the Rig of Doom V3

No photos yet - but expect multiple Mark Bass heads and cabs; Multiple Pre-amps (POD X3 pro); full wireless etc.